Why become a member? ×

Time for a new build!! 5 string P bass

Jimothey

Now that I’ve just got the electrics to do on my ‘51 and ‘72 P bass builds it’s time for a new build............

My plan is to build a 5 String P bass 

The body is going to be Paulownia I’m probably going to buy the body this time as they are on EBay for £23 and it’s going to painted it Gloss Black 

The neck is going to be Maple/Maple which I’m going to colour match the headstock and add Black block inlays 

The pickguard is going to be black and all the hardware is going to be Gold/Brass as all my basses have either Black or Chrome  hardware so I fancied something a bit different.................😀

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I’m getting better my last two builds stuck to the original plan...

You know how it works.  You start with a nice idea for a P bass, it turns into a Trump baby-blimp six-string bass* just once and folk will remember that forever!

Heeheehee.

I shouldn't extract the urine.  Your near spontaneous creativity is what makes your builds exciting.

*I know it's really a guitar but I couldn't turn down that image when it popped up in a search.  Call it bassist's licence.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I shouldn't extract the urine.  Your near spontaneous creativity is what makes your builds exciting.

I don’t take offence at all mate extract away!! 

Sometimes I need to curb my spontaneity because some of the time the choices I make are sooo wrong!!!!.............😳

23 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Sometimes I need to curb my spontaneity because some of the time the choices I make are sooo wrong!!!!.............😳

At least you try them out and then know better on the next build.  They're just flights of fancy until then.

Edited by SpondonBassed