Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1981 - Tokai Hard Puncher Precison bass (upgraded), black/maple
£600
Devon

Raslee

SOLD Got this great Precision a couple of months back off here from Slappindabass. It reminded me a lot of a late 70's Fender P that i owned except a lot lighter, believe the hype on the vintage Tokais - they're great basses!!!!. About the same time I was also building a bitsa P which is now complete and about 90% Fender part and my favourite colored bass -blue!  I have  also decided I only need one P bass, for the odd dep gig, and it has been a very hard choice which to keep. My conclusion after changing my mind many, many times was I'd lose too much to sell the bista so have decided to keep that one but they both have their merits and both play equally great.

So the Tokai, I have since upgraded the electronics, not that the previous were bad in any way, but I had a EMG Geezer Bulter which clearly needed using as it's simply the dogs dangly doo dahs. I also got a decent wiring kit - Russian capacitor, mother of pearl knobs and a 60's style tort - no expense spared and it really sings with that EMG. It already had a Schaller type bridge fitted. Strung with rounds but flats included. 

The original parts (bridge, black Pickguard, pickups and electronics) will also be added to the sale. Original sale post here, it's a little bit heavier too than stated in this add - more towards 9lbs:

Based in Plymouth - £600 + Postage (courier), or I'm potentially open to trades plus cash differences, 4 strings only but could really do with a small head & speaker for a ukelele group i.e Elf, Eden or similar, small cab i.e 1x10", TC 2x8 combo or similar perhaps. Could do with a decent bridge i.e. Badass style 4 string or similar,  Open to most 4 strings basses too, even lower worth plus cash my way but I am ok for a P, Jazz and Stingray so do not need those style basses (Unless a Nate Mendal P,  Fender jazz Special (Duff) or Limelight P - could add cash towards one of these). Open to most ideas but keen to try  G&L's, Thunderbirds, Ibanez, 51 style P's, - but as i say try me on whatever - I can only say yay or nay ;)

Pics of how it is at present,....doesn't she look lovely!!!:

SOLD

zt4u7yJTRWKD8uzd5UXIkQ.jpg

t9RN2BjfSJOPUsXXJERvBA.jpg

cp0pg7t7TzGNiPpCXjw8mA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_436b.jpeg

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 6