Why become a member? ×

Latest album purchased?

odysseus

5 hours ago, Strawbs664 said:

The Levellers - Live at Glastonbury '94 ('cos I was there :))

The Wildhearts - Diagnosis EP

Michael Monroe - One Man Gang

The Hu - The Gereg

It's been a busy week or two - I usually don't buy much at all!

Mike Monroes album is on my list, going to see him in Nov when they’re on tour. Am far more excited than a 53 year old man should be.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Mike Monroes album is on my list, going to see him in Nov when they’re on tour. Am far more excited than a 53 year old man should be.

Is that Mike Monroe from Hanoi Rocks? My old band used to rehearse next door to them. He once held a door open for me. 😉😁

• Like 1

Just now, Lozz196 said:

That’s him, I missed them at Rebellion last year so am super excited.

I used to play in a London metal band and as I say we rehearsed in the room next door. We had a look round their room once. Seem to remember they had a LOT of gear. 

6 hours ago, spike said:

Church Of The Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?

recomended by someone on here

I've dithered for months on this one. I was worried that their songs gave a quick hit, but no long-lasting effect, if you know what I mean.

My recents:

Amyl and the Sniffers (vinyl)

Sleaford Mods - Divide and Exit (vinyl)

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland 2010 reissue (vinyl)

Well, my wife gave me an album for my birthday and the vendor on Amazon had mislabelled it so it was one I already had. She said, send it back and just spend the equivalent cash on something else. So (overspent slightly) and got the 2 disc version of Thin Lizzy Live At The BBC and The Sidewinder by Lee Morgan. Both fab in very different ways!

84157-lee-morgan-the-sidewinder-cover-20

music_set2.jpg

• Like 2

I haven’t bought music in a physical CD / vinyl form for years... The last actual CD I bought must have been back in the 90s.

Ive never been much of a fan of listening through entire albums anyway really. Even my favourites have several tracks I’m not really keen on. 

I’m more of a playlist guy. Songs from various artists to suit the mood 😊

Edited by CamdenRob

On 27/09/2019 at 14:45, Lozz196 said:

He was brilliant when his band opened for Alice Cooper a couple of years ago, but he really needs to get a wireless mic, he spent most of his set running around with 628 feet of mic cable wrapped around himself with a roadie chasing him trying to untangle him. 😁

Seriously though, MM and his band were fantastic, straight outta the 80s flamboyance, far too revealing red spandex, a casual disregard for the environment judging by the amount of bleach and hairspray used, a hugely energetic performance but most of all, great tunes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Oh! Haven't heard that for forty to fifty years.

It's rather lovely, isn't it? £2.99 off Music Magpie s/h. Telemann's trumpet concerto in D Major was the reason I bought the Baroque trumpet disc. There's some other good stuff on there and three quid is nothing, really, is it?

I have no excuse for the Def Leppard other than I was driving home and Let's Get Rocked came on the radio and I thought "That's a well-made record" in the sense that it was more or less a three chord song which used all sorts of production techniques and tricks of arrangement to make it interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

It's rather lovely, isn't it?

Yes, luvverly, and cheap as well, but it must be mentioned that its most important capacity always has been that you could ask people if they liked Telemann's "Water Music", and most of them would then try and correct you, saying. "Händel!", uponwhich you could retort, with formal logic:

- "You do not really have a telemann on classical music, do you?"

Great times! 😉

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 1

The Cure - Join the Dots (b sides and rarities '78-2001). 

I had Standing On A Beach on cassette when came it in '86, basically a greatest hits but the b side was all the b sides of the singles, and they really weren't just songs not good enough be a sides, some of them better than the singles. Anyway they are all on this four disc compilation along with all the b sides from that point on and some tracks which weren't on albums. Disc one's the best as it's the music of my yoof. 

• Like 3

“Hypersonic Missiles” by Sam Fender. On CD cos I’m old. Not many of these young nippers worth listening to these days, but Sam does it properly, with proper guitars and an actual band and everyfink. And he plays a Fender. 😊