Why become a member? ×

Latest album purchased?

odysseus

15 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

Jesse Malin "Sunset Kids" on LP record (vinyl, if you are a hipster).

Superb Lucinda Williams production 😼

Saw him do a great solo acoustic set a few years ago, opening for Ryan Adams. Met him at the merch stand afterwards too, nice guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

Saw him do a great solo acoustic set a few years ago, opening for Ryan Adams. Met him at the merch stand afterwards too, nice guy.

I've followed him since '94 so met him a few times (agreed, nice guy). The new record is another peak in his career. He's had the same band for a while. Cat Popper (bass) was with Ryan in the Cardinals. I had a cool chat with her at the Oxford show a couple of months back. 

• Like 1

I think the last new album I bought was either Who Else by Modeselektor or We Are Not Your Kind by Slipknot. Also got a couple of used Fear Factory platters, Genexus and Mechanize. Been quite a good year for new albums IMO though i suspect nowt I've bought will be in any album of the year list 😏

Edited by Barking Spiders

Pixies - Beneath The Eyrie (deluxe version with clear vinyl and CD) - odd vibe, trying to make the songs sound eerie (no pun intended) which apparently has something to do with the atmosphere in the recording studio.  Nothing sticking out as a classic big tune as yet, but it's growing on me

I also just got the Soundgarden coloured vinyl bundle - all the studio albums from Louder Than Love to King Animal on nice 180g vinyl.  Odd that they mix the colours where most of them have been pressed on to two discs...and somebody really likes orange

Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder: actually bought to get the live at Bloodstock bonus disc, and in anticipation of seeing then next month (get well soon Biff) but the studio re-recordings of their earlier songs are very good indeed

New Model Army - From Here  Band in a rich vein of form over the last few releases...this one isn't as immediate as the last couple, but like the Pixies is growing on me.  I was getting a tattoo from Joolz Denby a few months ago and she was inspired to include a bit of "galaxy in space" on it because she'd just been doing that for the NMA album cover.  When I saw the album I p#ssed myself laughing