Why become a member? ×

Gonna Need A Bigger Boat - Biggest Bass gig bag?

BassManGraham

Hi All, OK this is a first world problem but would appreciate advice.

I recently acquired a beautiful 20th Anniversary Alembic, but the hard case is absolutely massive and not gig (or car) friendly.

I am looking for a decent padded gig bag. It will just about fit into a Thomann deluxe bag but headstock is very tight against lining and would be very vulnerable to knocks.

Any Basschatters know of a decent well padded large bag? Thanks

This. They're amazing - you can adjust the inside to fit any bass perfectly. It comes with a massive long divider which you can stick down to conform to your basses every contour, and that includes leaving more space at the top for the headstock.

• Thanks 1

I have found a pretty good temporary solution. My Alembic fits both a Ritter and Warwick Rocksak Thunderbird gig bag. A bit of extra bespoke foam padding, will make gigging feasible, the original case is great but just way too big!

Many thanks to all responses, much appreciated. 

Acknowledgement and appreciation to Mark and Ashley from Bass Direct who suggested the T'bird gigbag solution. Luckily I have one already Doh!