Why become a member? ×

NPBD!

BassApprentice

Recently traded my G&L for this lovely 2014 American Standard P Bass - I've been playing bass for about 15 years and have always had a stable of at least 3 basses and yet this is my first proper P Bass! Even in bass shops I've never really tried one as I always thought they were boring and were always going to be available.

This is the epitome of "does what it says on the tin" type of bass. Does the wooly old school thump and the proper grind with the tone all the way up. I can definitely see why they are so popular for bands/recording, they just sound right!

The neck has just about the right amount of finish on it for me - not a fan of heavy gloss and but this has a light gloss that makes it feel like it's protected but doesn't get sticky. Only thing is the strings - forgot to ask what they were but they are very clanky so could be steels. Might change them for something more refined.

I was originally trying to sell my G&L so this may be up for sale in the very near future but I'll enjoy it for a month or so :D

Anyway, pictures!

IMG_20190920_135203.jpg

IMG_20190920_135207.jpg

IMG_20190920_135218.jpg

IMG_20190920_135238.jpg

IMG_20190920_135320.jpg

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 6

Same here so glad I bought my 2014 Am.Std Precision even if it was unseen & untried 😁. The necks on these are fabulous with the rolled edges and reinforced graphite rods, and I really like the Custom Shop pickups in them as well, I prefer the Am.Std over the Pro which replaced it. 😎