Why become a member? ×

Sold - Can be closed - * Ultra rare original JV 1983 FENDER Made in Japan Precision Bass, model PB 57-95, meaning reissue of the 57~59 model ! *
£1100
France

Jadenacre

SOLD- CAN BE CLOSED

Ultra-rare original JV 1983 FENDER Made in Japan Precision Bass, type PB 57-95, meaning reissue of the 57~59 model !

Asking price including shipping to continental Europe (and yes, United Kingdom has always been in Europe) : £1100 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and close to new condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : alder

Neck : (bolt-on) maple

Fingerboard : maple (7.25 inches radius)

Frets : 20

Headstock : 4 in line

Pickups : US Fender P-Bass

Controls : volume, tone

Tuners : US Fender reverse

Bridge : US Fender BBOT

Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm

Nut : bone

Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm

Knobs : original metal with gold anodised pickguard

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : chrome

Finish : black gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Japan

Serial number : JV76817

Year : 1983

Weight : 3,8 kilos

Action : from 1,5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret

Will come with a gig bag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Real vintage bass, terrific sounding, very good condition, fully original.

The bass has been fully set up professionally.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different lights to see the real condition : some few marks, due to the age, but nothing serious at all.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

8C622703-BF68-4961-9984-F8EE0A28AD77.jpg

C90DBEC6-61F2-417E-89FF-DE8DCB1D7B0C.jpg

848D40E1-0D63-4B91-BA92-47CB14F21DD3.jpg

560A8B36-A983-4FDD-9D16-133216D159F3.jpg

38B94AB5-92E0-48B0-BBE6-E328D972D641.jpg

0F0C7055-2670-49D9-856F-519190DC6F08.jpg

CA8C2EFF-5145-4E16-A7FA-B084FA6E0687.jpg

B9832D7E-BDD3-4F2F-AAE2-257B5124AF1F.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

IMG_8534.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg

IMG_8536.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8544.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

E5410C39-6DA1-4D62-8EC9-1FADFB7D2F34.jpeg

Edited by Jadenacre
  • Like 2

Hello everybody !  

Here is the proof that will definitively end all the allegations

it is the vintage catalog he was sent to me personally by the importer of this bass.

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/fenderjapan/1983-twang1/en_11.html

PS: after 1982 the made in Japan is at the heel of the neck and more on the head next to the Fender for info also 🙂 The dating of the neck in the heel and the neck stamp proves it also on the body.

Cordially

Jade

• Like 1

Self called experts are once again lost as they don't know a thing about the Fender non-export Japanese models.

This Precision Bass is NOT a Squier, but a true Fender made in Japan made in 1983 for the local market only bearing the cute name PB 57-95, which absolutely doesn't mean it was made in 1995, but more the fact that it's a reissue of the 57~59 model. The Made in Japan was moved from the back of the headstock to the heel in early 1983.

This bass has been sold by The Perfect Guitar who is the only official importer around here for these very very very rare basses...

Next time, don't ruin somebody else thread with your ignorance, just check or ask before, it's BassChat here, not TalkBass...

Sorry for being rude, but the masked avenger thing is something I'm just fed up with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Self called experts are once again lost as they don't know a thing about the Fender non-export Japanese models.

This Precision Bass is NOT a Squier, but a true Fender made in Japan made in 1983 for the local market only bearing the cute name PB 57-95, which absolutely doesn't mean it was made in 1995, but more the fact that it's a reissue of the 57~59 model. The Made in Japan was moved from the back of the headstock to the heel in early 1983.

This bass has been sold by The Perfect Guitar who is the only official importer around here for these very very very rare basses...

Next time, don't ruin somebody else thread with your ignorance, just check or ask before, it's BassChat here, not TalkBass...

Sorry for being rude, but the masked avenger thing is something I'm just fed up with.

Never professed to be a self called expert, I asked a question, was duly educated, as were many others - where is the problem in that?

No harm done, no foul play called

😉

For those who are interested in this exceptional bass by its rarity and the passions it unleashes, please write me in MP please because in the end you will eventually spoil my sale.  

Thank you Tony for your intervention, and I'm counting on the moderators to stop this whole false debate.  tonight I'll take off the heel and take extra photos.  the future owner of this bass will be very happy because this isntrument is very nice, light and the sound is just crazy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jadenacre said:

😉

For those who are interested in this exceptional bass by its rarity and the passions it unleashes, please write me in MP please because in the end you will eventually spoil my sale.  

Thank you Tony for your intervention, and I'm counting on the moderators to stop this whole false debate.  tonight I'll take off the heel and take extra photos.  the future owner of this bass will be very happy because this isntrument is very nice, light and the sound is just crazy

I think all’s well that ends well, I certainly don’t feel any bad blood has been spilt. Conversely this coming out in public has probably helped your sale, now a bigger audience know of the rarity rather than 1 or 2 on a PM.

GLWTS

• Like 1

No problem 

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

I think all’s well that ends well, I certainly don’t feel any bad blood has been spilt. Conversely this coming out in public has probably helped your sale, now a bigger audience know of the rarity rather than 1 or 2 on a PM.

GLWTS

indeed

• Like 1

I think more than enough discussion has been had on the authenticity of this instrument now, let’s leave the discussion there and allow this gentleman to sell his instrument 🙂

Best of luck with the sale!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2