Why become a member? ×

Olympic White Fender USA Jazz *NOW SOLD*

Beedster

There I was, quite happy with my current basses, one nice Precision, one nice Jazz and a rather sexy little Shergold, hadn't needed to buy or sell a bass for months.....

Things chamge don't they, need to raise some cash to sort out my Modulus Flea situation, so....

Fender USA Jazz 1999 Corona Series. Very nice retro Olympic white. The only Jazz Bass I've ever really liked. Funky as hell and growls like the best. No issues apart from drilled holes for ashtrays which are not original. Pickguard IS original before anyone asks. Currently fitted with BADASS II but will sell cheaper with original bridge. Neck ashtray included.

£400 with original bridge
£425 with BADASS
£450 with original bridge (no BADASS) and both ashtrays (see below)

Ashtrays are not screwed on at present which expains why they look a bit poorly placed in pics.
Although collection or meet is prefered, I will ship this bass in a hard case for £30 and at buyer's expense and risk.

[attachment=1437:AUT_7263.JPG][attachment=1430:AUT_7272.JPG]
[attachment=1431:AUT_7265.JPG][attachment=1432:AUT_7267.JPG]
[attachment=1433:AUT_7268.JPG][attachment=1450:AUT_7269.JPG]

Shergold Marathon 1976. [u]SOLD PENDING PAYMENT [/u]More refins that I've had basses. Cherry red, white, natural and blue paint at various sites on this baby. Currently varnished with a dark natural finish, not professional but for £175 who cares. Mojo city, a neck that makes Precisions and 'rays look/feel quite feeble but VERY fast. Great slap tones but not a bad approximation of a true 70's Precision sound either. Pots/switch need attention. Odd speckles of blue, red and white paint to be seen. Something paintlike on the back of the neck below 10-12th frets but doesn't effect playing. THIS IS NOT A BOUTIQUE BASS! Great gigging instrument though. I may hold back on selling this if my money situation improves 'cos I love it to death. No case, collection or meet preferred.

Oh, and when you play live with this baby, people mistake it for a Wal..... :)

[attachment=1439:AUT_7255.JPG][attachment=1440:AUT_7259.JPG][attachment=1438:AUT
7254.JPG]

Fender reissue reverse tuners. Bought from Steve (Muppet) for the jazz above but never fitted.
Selling then for what I paid, £25

[attachment=1442:AUT_7277.JPG]

Early 70's Fender Jazz ashtray. Appears to have been used as such. F*cked but Mojo city. Been keeping it as the first part of my 70's Jazz project :huh:
With huge apologies if I'm insulting fellow BCers, I've been offered £50 for it a couple of times so that's what I'm asking here (although I'll take something close :huh: ).

[attachment=1445:AUT_7275.JPG][attachment=1446:AUT_7274.JPG]

Cheers all
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Hi Chris

I would like to buy the marathon please - can't collect yet but happily pay you the asking price now if you would hold it for me - perhaps buy a case and ship at some point or if I am down your way could collect - house is in a mess at the mo and another bass would get damaged or just be in the way

Would paypal be ok for the £175 if the above caveat is ok with you?

rgds
Darren

[quote name='darrenW' post='38217' date='Jul 28 2007, 06:33 PM']Hi Chris

I would like to buy the marathon please - can't collect yet but happily pay you the asking price now if you would hold it for me - perhaps buy a case and ship at some point or if I am down your way could collect - house is in a mess at the mo and another bass would get damaged or just be in the way

Would paypal be ok for the £175 if the above caveat is ok with you?

rgds
Darren[/quote]

Hi Darren
Of course. I have to do a few trips over the next couple of weeks so it's possble I could deliver or at least we could meet up. Let me know where you are geographically and we'll arrange something. If not cash on delivery/collection, a cheque would be great.
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='38234' date='Jul 28 2007, 07:04 PM']Hi Darren
Of course. I have to do a few trips over the next couple of weeks so it's possble I could deliver or at least we could meet up. Let me know where you are geographically and we'll arrange something. If not cash on delivery/collection, a cheque would be great.
Cheers
Chris[/quote]
Hi Chris

I am in stoke on trent but travel about a bit for work - in bristol/gloucester on the 10th Aug - was thinking paypal just so you knew I wouldn't mess you around but if COD is ok lets try and arrange a meet somewhere

rgds
Darren

[quote name='darrenW' post='38267' date='Jul 28 2007, 09:06 PM']Hi Chris

I am in stoke on trent but travel about a bit for work - in bristol/gloucester on the 10th Aug - was thinking paypal just so you knew I wouldn't mess you around but if COD is ok lets try and arrange a meet somewhere

rgds
Darren[/quote]

PM'd
Chris

[quote name='ped' post='38307' date='Jul 28 2007, 11:42 PM']I really like the 'plate on the jazz, a nice quirk away from the norm. It would look pretty bling with a U retro (chrome) and the rear 'tray on it, too!![/quote]

Yeh, a bit like a strat really. Looks awesome with both ashtrays (I've just added a pic with both above, although they're not screwed on due to the BADASS being currently installed).
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='38197' date='Jul 28 2007, 05:37 PM']Shergold Marathon 1976. [u]SOLD PENDING PAYMENT [/u]More refins that I've had basses. Cherry red, white, natural and blue paint at various sites on this baby. Currently varnished with a dark natural finish, not professional but for £175 who cares. Mojo city, a neck that makes Precisions and 'rays look/feel quite feeble but VERY fast. Great slap tones but not a bad approximation of a true 70's Precision sound either. Pots/switch need attention. Odd speckles of blue, red and white paint to be seen. Something paintlike on the back of the neck below 10-12th frets but doesn't effect playing. THIS IS NOT A BOUTIQUE BASS! Great gigging instrument though. I may hold back on selling this if my money situation improves 'cos I love it to death. No case, collection or meet preferred.
Chris[/quote]

Oh bo-lakes, that's pretty. Wished I lived nearer to you Chris....and was quicker off the mark.

[quote name='steve' post='38331' date='Jul 29 2007, 02:03 AM']Hi chris, that olly white jazz is luvly, I must admit I'm tempted, but I'm not funded tbh.

I assume trades are out of the question?[/quote]

Hey Steve
If I was to do so, I'd only trade for something that would allow me to sell my current Precision (I've already had a chat or two in that respect). I need to raise some cash one way or another :)
Cheers
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='joegarcia' post='38645' date='Jul 29 2007, 09:46 PM']In what way are the tuners reversed?
Do you think they'd fit a Precision ok or are they specific to a Jazz?[/quote]

Hi mate, they turn forwards rather than backwards like the oldies. No idea if they would fit a P, can't see why not though.

I've had a few messages re posting the jazz. I'll post it in a hard case for £30 extra and at buyer's expense and risk. Apologies for my apparent analness but I don't really trust couriers anymore after all the posts I've read recently :huh:

A few guys have also PM'd questions/info about the jazz. Looks like it was run as short run series in the late 90's, perhaps the precursor to the Highway series. It is definitely not - unfortunately - one of the early 1980's Fullerton models which had the same pickguard and knobs. Any factual info any BC'ers have regarding the Corona Series please feel free to post it below. As I said above, it's the only jazz I've ever really got on with, and 've owned two Fender Custom Shop J's, three MIAs, a Geddy Lee sig and an early 80's Tokai Jazzsound, so I've tried a few :) .

I've had a couple of interesting trade offers for the Jazz but I guess I really do need cash for this at the moment.
Cheers
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='38587' date='Jul 29 2007, 07:39 PM']Hey Steve
If I was to do so, I'd only trade for something that would allow me to sell my current Precision[/quote]

so any old lump with four strings would do then would it? :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='steve' post='38767' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:43 AM']so any old lump with four strings would do then would it? :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Ouch :)
Gentlmen who own Bongos should be really careful what they say about other people's basses :huh:
With the exception of the possible trade I discussed via PM yesterday, it's cash only for the Jazz now I'm afraid.
Chris

[quote name='steve' post='38792' date='Jul 30 2007, 09:52 AM']touche :huh:[/quote]

Only joking, really like Bongos actually.
Anyway, someone buy this lovely jazz bass smartish 'cos I need the cash to put towards repairing my Flea. I'd probably do a deal with the BADASS, ashtrays and reverse tuners to get a sale pronto :)
Chris

Bumped back to the first page. I have a few as yet unconfirmed cash offers on this and a few offers for trade, several representing interesting interpretations of the words 'Precision Bass' :)
I'd like to say that I'm not in a hurry to sell the Jazz, but in a way I am, so I'll take cash offers for the bass with original Fender bridge. I can supply a hard case, BADASS, ashtrays etc at extra cost if needed. If not I'll sell them individually later
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='lwtait' post='40215' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:21 PM']If you fancy selling just the scratchplate on the jazz, I'll buy (or trade for a two piece one) :)[/quote]

Think I'll leave it there thanks :huh:
Chris

[quote name='Mike' post='40836' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:39 AM']Congrats on the sale! :-)[/quote]
Cheers Mike, I've been looking covertously at your Sting. Hope you sell it soon, or perhaps hope you change your mind and keep it.
BADASS and tuners are both on hold, mojo'd bridge ashtray still available if anyone wants to make an offer?
Cheers
Chris