Why become a member? ×

SubZero Brand, Any experience

Stofferson

2 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I had a practice bass amp by them and it was great. I preferred the tone to some of the name brands I have used! Equally my 3 piece have used their PA and no worries at all. I know there is better kit out there but it is all perfectly serviceable.  

Thanks dude, I have one of those power amps that Maplin did in the rehearsal room class D, loads of watts, interested to see what a class a/b power amp feels like. If it's reliable then bonus. 

• 1 year later...
On 25/09/2019 at 20:25, binky_bass said:

Had a very very similar G4M SubZero power amp, it was VERY noisy... 

Not a fan of SubZero gear to be honest. 

Use that cash to buy a better pre-owned one. 

I've got a Subzero Pad800 Class D power amp, the fans are noisy, but you can replace them with noiseless fans, I used Noiseblocker fans. https://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans.php?lang=EN

I picked up a Sub Zero B stock hollow body bass of eBay a few years ago for £100 from Gear 4 Music's eBay shop. If I remember rightly the full retail price was about £220.

I've still got it and to this day I've never figured out what was supposed to be wrong with it. I swear they must have accidentally sent me a factory new one. 

The electrics have gone a bit crackly and ropey over the years and could do with replacing, but apart from that it's surprisingly good. It looks stunning, and plays and sounds far better than it probably should at that price. 

This is the up to date equivalent model. The headstock logo and name have changed but other than that it's pretty much the same animal. 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/RedSub-HB-Bass-Guitar-Sunburst/2C6K