Why become a member? ×

Power supply for small pedalboard suggestions

Friskydingo

On 01/10/2019 at 21:24, Friskydingo said:

Could the Vitoos Iso8 power all 8 pedals comfortably? No glitching, cutting out or overloading? 

It powered a Zoom B3n, Ammoon 4-channel mixer (12V), Line 6 G50 wireless, Korg Volca bass synth, and Roland PK5A bass MIDI pedals simultaneously with no issues for several hours.

On 24/09/2019 at 13:13, Twigman said:

When i got my nano+ I drilled out the feet and replaced them with 4 jacknuts and taller rubber feet.

It means I can get my T-Rex Chamelon underneath, no problem. It's a simple mod that costs pence and takes 30 minutes tops.

A pic to show what I mean:

image.png.3d0db9192ff3c311b8cc6dcf59ccb52a.png

• Like 1

Just got my vitoos Iso8 works a dream, small and quite possibly quieter than my walrus audio aetos, all for £41

Some people may point at the power to it being a 2.1mm barrel but I have no qualms and unless you're kicking your power supply about, it's not coming loose anytime soon 

I've nly just received it so will see what it's like in a few months time 

• 1 year later...
On 08/10/2019 at 13:04, Friskydingo said:

Just got my vitoos Iso8 works a dream, small and quite possibly quieter than my walrus audio aetos, all for £41

Some people may point at the power to it being a 2.1mm barrel but I have no qualms and unless you're kicking your power supply about, it's not coming loose anytime soon 

I've nly just received it so will see what it's like in a few months time 

Just wondering what pedalboard you are using this under, @Friskydingo? I have a Pedaltrain Nano+ and am wondering if the Vitoos ISO8 will fit under it. Also, are you still happy with the ISO8, performance-wise?

7 hours ago, Tom of Toronto said:

Just wondering what pedalboard you are using this under, @Friskydingo? I have a Pedaltrain Nano+ and am wondering if the Vitoos ISO8 will fit under it. Also, are you still happy with the ISO8, performance-wise?

If it's the same psu and board that I have (sounds like it is), the outputs on the ISO8 come out of both sides, and to get access to all of them I had to cut away a section of the pedal board. Took a couple of minutes and didn't cause any problems at all. I'm very happy with the setup.

Edit; Scrub that. Just googled it and it's a different design.

Edited by Japhet
edit

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

One more suggestion for consideration. This seems to be working just as well as my Ciocks DC5 and OneSpot CS6 and is a fraction of the price and has a tiny footprint:

image.png.0503bf5b066d7961f54e7d47d20a75d6.png

PB - 2007mini IIA.jpg

PB - 2007mini IIC2 .jpg

I just picked up one of these (2nd had and cheap) and it’s really good so far, I’m still happy with the powerplant jr I use, but this one has a couple of outputs that I can switch for 12v and 18v pedals I have if I make a second board... and it’s really low profile so would fit under any board easily