Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Vintage 1992 Quilted maple - £2550 - New pics
£2550
Bilbao - Spain

cascanicoff

For sale a beautiful Sadowsky NYC 4 Strings. Build in 1992, with the VTC installed at a later point. Weight: 3.7Kg

The bass has been thoroughly played and it shows a couple of minor cosmetic dings, that you can see on the pictures. The playability, tone and general usability of the bass remain 100% intact.

The instrument is in Bilbao, Spain. No problem come along and check it out in person if anybody is in the area.

Price: 2550 Pounds/ 2880 Euro, which is a more than fine price taking into account the retail prices for these instruments at the moment (especially in Europe)

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (1).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (2).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (3).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (4).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (5).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (6).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (7).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (8).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (9).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (10).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (11).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (12).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (13).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (14).JPG

Sadowsky NYC 1992 (15).JPG

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • cascanicoff changed the title to Sadowsky NYC Vintage 1992 Quilted maple - £2450
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, Niall. I saw you were looking for a fretless Sado and had the same thinking.

My current fretless is a defretted Fender American Series with an epoxy coating, and it is a great instrument. But, to be honest, I would personally not buy a bass to have it defretted (the Fender was already fretless when I bought it). So I can't advice you to do what I would not do myself.

Merry Christmas everyone, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Happen to know the wood species of the fretboard? And what pickups are in it? At that time Roger used Bartolini’s if I am well informed but these are a different breed. Your bass would a nice match with my beloved ‘94 Sadowsky!

IMG_1050.jpeg

The fretboard is rosewood for sure, but I couldn't tell which species. Not sure about the pickups either, I am not an expert on the field at all. But it is worth mentioning that they have different Sadowsky logos on them, so one of them is not original. Maybe it was replaced when the VTC was installed.

Love your Sado, by the way. Gorgeous.

• 4 months later...

Due to the current downwards fluctuation of the pound, I cannot include delivery in the price anymore. Sorry, lads, it is 2550 pounds + shipping.

If anybody feels tempted about this bass (which you should...), but wants to see in detail the dings I mentioned in the first post, you can find them in the following link: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNR7mATaUJ8n3aFJL2n6xk3sdTFCudl-w9uP3LCSwDN4Y72S9Bg-OnCpSfYPZ8Ekg?key=bF9kNFNOTXl0U0ZWYWY3Y1ZvZkd2alNneEtha0RB

It is a 30 year old bass. Yeah, it has wrinkles. But aaaaall the wisdom (and the tone...). 

Edited by cascanicoff

• 2 months later...

I already sold my 25th Anniversary, therefore I am gladly retiring from sale this sweet lady.

If anybody has a 5 string US Sado that would likely trade for a 4 string, please contact me. Other than that, this bass is a keeper at this moment.

Thanks to all people interested and I'll see you in the shed 😁.

Edited by cascanicoff