Why become a member? ×

My dream is coming true (Modulus Flea)

AndyTravis

Well. Since 1999 I’ve wanted one.

And after a lot of back and forth (think we’ve joked about me having this bass off Paul for about 3 years...)

This is coming to me this week.

And I didn’t have to sell the white jazz.

The only other bass I desire is a Wal Mk1and that ain’t happening 😂

A9838B3A-5437-4D4B-8C86-9CF886C2A383.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 15

I'm a huge Flea fan so this is like something I probably won't be able to get my hands in my country. But, congratulations to you on getting your dream bass, it looks stunning! :)

Would love for an opportunity to jam on one.

While on the topic, is Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass any good?

• Like 1

Ohhh, very sparkly...and very blue...don't see these around much...but very coincidentally just after reading this thread, I then go onto Strung Out Guitars website and see there's once for sale there too...I've never actually seen one in the flesh, but I have a need to visit Strung Out later this week, so hope to have a wee gander...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

.....While on the topic, is Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass any good?

Do you mean the newer version of the bass?
I can't vouch for that one, but I did have one of the older versions
I must say, it was very nice. Lightweight, easy to play with a slim-ish neck which really felt "worn in"
Lovely tones from some rather nice pickups too

Only problem for me was, my wife absolutely hated the colour :(

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Nice one @AndyTravis. I'm not quite sure which way my one went when I sold it. Was it to you @bassfan? I can't remember.

Whether it is or isn't the one, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The only reason I sold mine is because @Chiliwailer finally relented in selling me his purple one after me hounding him for ages.

I only mention this as he loves to be reminded that he let it go 😂. Fantastic basses.

It wasn’t me @hiram.k.hackenbacker I’m patiently waiting for your purple sparkle flea though 😃👍🏻💜

33 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Do you mean the newer version of the bass?
I can't vouch for that one, but I did have one of the older versions
I must say, it was very nice. Lightweight, easy to play with a slim-ish neck which really felt "worn in"
Lovely tones from some rather nice pickups too

Only problem for me was, my wife absolutely hated the colour :(

This one: https://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_flea_sig_bass_rdwrn_shp.htm

Didn't get a chance to play one but looks kinda cool and I'd love to own it.

The old Modulus Flea Bass is one hell of an instrument, nice one Andy. i used to own one just like that, as well as its predecessor, the Sonic Hammer, an instrument so aggressive that I had to muzzle it. Once you've played a well set-up Flea Bass, every other bass you will play will feel like it has very high action, the quality of engineering is in a different league to any other bass I've played. To extend Ped's comment above, there are graphite necks and then there are Modulus graphite necks.

Enjoy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

Ohhh, very sparkly...and very blue...don't see these around much...but very coincidentally just after reading this thread, I then go onto Strung Out Guitars website and see there's once for sale there too...I've never actually seen one in the flesh, but I have a need to visit Strung Out later this week, so hope to have a wee gander...

That’s decent - has the hipshot (I think) bridge rather than the badass...very cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ped said:

Cool!! There's definitely something undeniably amazing about graphite necks. I normally describe them as a 'velvet brick' - even, smooth, warm and with tons of clarity and punch.

Graphite necks really are the absolute Don, I cannot comment on Status vs Modulus, but if the Modulus is even half as good as a status - it’s ball hair stripping amazing 

• Like 1

Last time I played a modulus it was a quantum 4 and it was mega slippy. Felt very much like there was minor static between the neck and my left hand.

I’ve had a few status basses now, and had peavey GV and G basses (The G Bass was the closest I could get to a flea but the pickup is in more of a P position so it never sounded like I expected/wanted).

• Like 1