Why become a member? ×

Bass Centre Guy Pratt "Betsy" jazz bass

Grassie

This is shaping up to be a success story along the lines of the Bass Centre's collaboration with Bruce Thomas. The Profile is absolutely one of the best instruments I've ever played. I love the colour of both, not common but not insane either, this is a kind of gentle rose - very nice.

I'm not a jazz nor active bass kind of guy but Betsy looks very interesting to me.

Edited by stewblack

Gareth, probably not much of a difference. The EMG's will give you more punch. The truss rod being at the headstock is a bonus for adjustment ease....some might say it's in the correct position. I like the fact I can walk into Bass Centre in Bagshot and talk with Barry and crew who are really enthusiastic about their product. It makes it a little more personal....which I like. For whatever reason, I prefer the neck on the Bass Centre basses more than MIM Fender basses.

The flea jazz is a great looking bass. Love the nitro finish and tort scratch plate. I've never played one, but I did own a '76 jazz bass with similar pick ups and it sounded great. The Guy Pratt bass is half the price though!

Fair comment! I've now got nylon tape wounds on my Flea bass. Nearest I can get to a Herbie Flowers tribute bass! 

FE04BEEC-06CA-467A-957B-884F25507C5A.thumb.jpeg.e646f1f6b046d79eec3bd207a442251d.jpeg

Edited by Mister RLP
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/01/2020 at 20:33, merello said:

Had a very brief conversation (on here?) with him when I realised he’d played Murrayfield with Icehouse as they backed Bowie in the early 80s.

The serious moonlight tour. I was sitting in the stand at the Murrayfield gig. And couldn’t wait to leave. I don’t think I have ever been colder. Poured with rain, freezing winds and half a light show. Four days later in Milton Keynes it was eighty one degrees and blistering sunshine. Same show, different planet. Love my MM Sire V7. Practice, practice, practice...

• 4 months later...