Why become a member? ×

Calling all those familiar with Garage Band

Guest MoJo

My current setup, when learning new covers, is iPhone playing YouTube vids and bass plugged into Zoom B1on, played back through headphones.

Would it be possible to use Garageband on the iPhone and an iRig2 to achieve the same end, eliminating the need for the Zoom?

9 hours ago, MoJo said:

My current setup, when learning new covers, is iPhone playing YouTube vids and bass plugged into Zoom B1on, played back through headphones.

Would it be possible to use Garageband on the iPhone and an iRig2 to achieve the same end, eliminating the need for the Zoom?

Yes, I used to do the same, although I preferred to use a a few other apps instead of GarageBand. The one I have has Ashdown and GK sims in it. 
I gave up on using that way to practice, mainly as I never felt the tone was as good as a stand-alone sim, and it was a bit more hassle making quick adjustments. I also noticed a bit more latency. 

Most apps have latency settings you can adjust, although some go lower than others. If you run Audiobus though, you can run any app inside it and control the latency through that.

There are quite a few amp sims on iOS, Tonestack is a favourite, but actually the Ampeg amps in the free Garageband app sound amazing!

Edited by dannybuoy