Why become a member? ×

Show us your Music/Guitar rooms!!

Jimothey

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

This is just after it was decorated, before I finished moving everything back in...

59797309_10157180857331322_7960666516712587264_o.jpg

your basses have got more colourful recently. What are they?

I remember when you would show off 6 basses all made between 1971 and 1974 in three colour sunburst and tort plate....

Just now, LukeFRC said:

your basses have got more colourful recently. What are they?

I remember when you would show off 6 basses all made between 1971 and 1974 in three colour sunburst and tort plate....

Yeh, they're really sharp looking in that colour scheme in that room.

I'm not sure your stereo image is going to work too well with those shelf speakers mind :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just now, Frank Blank said:

Oh man, that's a beaut, it's given me Jazz Gas, which sounds like an atonal fart.

Yeah they play really nice, it’s got fender flats on and the necks on them are a bit bigger front to back than a standard jazz 

On 25/09/2019 at 06:15, Newfoundfreedom said:

I actually have 3 rehersal spaces ( this sounds like it should be on the "Meeting new people" - bullsh!t Bob threa) :laugh1:

I have an amp and a couple of basses in my office, which is just a tiny room. I use this mainly to learn songs or grab a bass for a quick noodle when I'm working. 

Then there's my band practice room, which is a decent sized space where the whole band can practice. 

Then there's my BAR-N where we can have parties and play gigs. 

Sadly all now irrelevant as I no longer have a band to play with. 

IMG_20190925_080058.png

IMG_20190925_080028.png

IMG_20190925_081255.png

you win! 

• Like 3

I live with my elderly mother who takes one walk a day. This is the time I can plug in my amp. 

Silent practice otherwise. A music room I could store my gear in and play at reasonable rehearsal volume whenever I want is the stuff of dreams for me. 

The music room is coming along but I think I’m going to need a bigger room soon!?! 

BAEEF451-D8DB-4814-919B-676AD69356F5.thumb.jpeg.02641bc9e3636b9e46ecbb43204097a5.jpeg

I still need to put up a little shelf for my soldering iron and electronics stuff which is going to be on the other side of the door and there is a shelf is going under the guitars so I can use it to do setups on etc........👍

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

And this is the room above the studio, painted and carpeted, but awaiting proper sound treament, too. Hard to photograph, but to your left is a pile of amps, and to your right a forest of basses and the built in wardrobe, repurposed as a store for all the usual junk a musician ends up with.

I'd like to say it will end up tidier than this. I'd really like to...

20200525_103112.thumb.jpg.6a15117e820b537c406878a7909153ee.jpg

What’s the amp on top of the Ashdown cab with the valves showing, that looks cool 

1 hour ago, Jus Lukin said:

As weird as this year has turned out for everyone, for me personally it comes at the conclusion of two years of utterly f****d up, Hitchcockian manipulation and control, from beyond the grave, no less. Lockdown- finally in my own home again and without finacial threat- has been something of a breeze! It has slowed progress on many things and the studio is well behind where it could be, but as I needed to lay out the rug while working on some speaker cabs, I thought I'd place things roughly where they will go, for a sense of achievement.

The 4x12 cab will support the desk and PA speaker, and as the drivers are being used elsewhere I'll cut holes in the back, fill it with insulation, and have it double up as a cool looking bass trap. The place obviously needs a coat of paint, the rest of the drumkit, and sound treatment, but it feels good to have it thus far, and the space itself sounds surprisingly controlled.

20200520_142649.thumb.jpg.16a528e5a2a3ae2f5fc0166644a18bc7.jpg

What’s the height in that room?  Looks like you could put a foot of loft insulation across the entire ceiling and have the ultimate bass trap!