Why become a member? ×

Show us your Music/Guitar rooms!!

Jimothey

I don't believe many of these rooms are *Currently* as tidy as these photos, mine *certainly* is not.

It looked like this shortly after painting it. It's got a few things on the walls and a lot more junk in it now.

It's a really small room, I'm crammed into the corner with my phone over my head to make the picture, but it's MY room, MINE!

You can just barely see my two tiny self built (from kits) tube amps, a 3W 2 tuber and a 5W 3 tuber. I love them, they scream.

46397818892_97fd156d1f_c.jpg

• Like 5

On 06/10/2019 at 21:05, AngelDeVille said:

I got a bedroom in the new house, just putting it together. 

I’m going to put a couple hangers in place of the rack, but I have a single stand for headlesses.... and necklesses....

20191006-190803-2.jpg

I had two hangers to replace the rack, I think I’ll add one more.

C73522-BA-9-DDD-4-EC3-9-ACD-81801-B6-BF9

BE57-F77-A-1-C50-42-BC-83-A3-43-BFAFBC27

Edited by AngelDeVille
  • Like 1

Dunno what's go into me, but with the help of my talented assistant and on the ongoing theme of 'tidyness' in the creative (HAH, I have never created music) spaces we got this far with some solid storage today.

Just some sanding to do and some plywood to go on to the framing and stuff won't fall through.

48918983243_dd35608547_c.jpg

The wall behind is knackered from where someone literally *smashed* a wardrobe system into it, something need to be done to pretty *that* up, but short of ripping out the drywall and redoing it, I feel.

My vibe is 'rehearsal studio drum kit storage', which is my excuse for perfunctoryness and ugliness.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Heading for d.i.v.o.r.c.e. Obviously having a roof over my head is priority number 1, my hope is to have a garage for a workshop and a music room inside.

Do you know why divorces are so expensive?

Because they are worth it.

• Haha 1

So this is a complete threadjack, perhaps I should make my own thread to put this rubbish in, but since it IS pictures of bits of music room: I'm building a tiny desk for my logic pro laptop and my (stupidly large for my needs) mixer, for various reasons of tiny room it's being built to slip OVER a stored bassdrum and under a piano so is just a frame I'm going to cover in plywood with a hole cut out to let the mixer sit in the frame on some metal legs I can get from B&Q for a fiver each.

I'm going to sneak 4 or 5 units of rack between the bottom of the desk and the top of the bass drum, I hope.

Get to the point, caitlin. Just in case (although I have no need for it yet) I have a patch bay and wonder where to put it. it can either go down near thigh height to be fiddly when i'm playing the piano, or it can go here in the way of the mixy slidey thingys

48987665906_8cf0df996e_c.jpg

or here all fiddly behind the wiring that goes to the soundcard inputs (and curiously blue, like it was underwater):

48987116443_8e27606138_c.jpg

Do you kids have any experience of this kind of rubbish or should I drag myself off to the gearslutz forum to get laughed at for not having any decent microphones?

29 minutes ago, caitlin said:

Do you kids have any experience of this kind of rubbish 

You twiddle the top knob to get kinda unity gain, the other ones to eq the thing and then you can use the slidey bit to make it louder or quieter. 

:D

On a serious note. Would a rack case with a few units underneath and a tilty rack for the desk on top - sat on a cheap table - be simpler? 

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

On a serious note. Would a rack case with a few units underneath and a tilty rack for the desk on top - sat on a cheap table - be simpler? 

Yes but it wouldn't fit, so there's that. I expect you've possibly not experienced living your life in a small room with two drumkits in it and their damnably inconvenient dimensioness :P