Why become a member? ×

Show us your Music/Guitar rooms!!

Jimothey

I’ve started trying to sort out my ‘Music/Guitar room’ in my house (mostly because Mrs Jimothey is getting hacked off with all my basses in the front room!) it’s nowhere near finished but was interested to see how other people have done there’s?? and hopefully nick some ideas!!

Heres mine just started today please bear in mind the room is only 2.1m x 1.8m so I’m having to be quite creative on how I can fit everything in!?! the timber still needs to be painted the same colour as the wall 

2671CB0B-FFCA-4297-9259-3645994166E9.thumb.jpeg.e592ebbefe5a2fb9e2533afc67f0283f.jpeg

I’ve worked out I will be able to fit 9 on the wall and 2 that I play the most on stands on the floor 

I’ve still got 3 more to go in but that doesn’t include another 2 that I’m going to start building soon and it’s lucky that I’ve only got a little practice amp because f**k knows where I’m going to fit anything bigger than that in?? I think it’s going to be cosy to say the least.........😀

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Is the radiator in use?  I wouldn't want to keep the instruments right above it.

I meant to put in the OP that the rad is off and is never used but I think I’m going to remove it any way give me a little bit more space??..........😀

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I cannot effing wait to be able to add to this thread!!!

If everything falls into place I have a music room and a permanently set up rehearsal space in the house. Until that goes through we're essentially homeless, with all our stuff stacked to the ceiling and sleeping in my Mum's spare room.

It looks like we're still weeks away from resolving everything,  then have to move and set everything up, I'll need to make sound treatment and fit it...

But I will be back here with photos, eventually.

Hope you get it sorted mate! I had kinda the same thing as you I had to move out of my house otherwise I would have lost my sale and had to move in with my parents who haven’t exactly got a big house so me, the missus and my two kids had to move into their spare room for about a month till the purchase of the new house was completed what made it worse was I was moving 300miles away and we finally got the keys 2 days before Christmas!! 

I actually have 3 rehersal spaces ( this sounds like it should be on the "Meeting new people" - bullsh!t Bob threa) :laugh1:

I have an amp and a couple of basses in my office, which is just a tiny room. I use this mainly to learn songs or grab a bass for a quick noodle when I'm working. 

Then there's my band practice room, which is a decent sized space where the whole band can practice. 

Then there's my BAR-N where we can have parties and play gigs. 

Sadly all now irrelevant as I no longer have a band to play with. 

IMG_20190925_080058.png

IMG_20190925_080028.png

IMG_20190925_081255.png

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I’ve managed to commandeer a bedroom on the top floor for my gear ( my wife got the ground floor office). 

Not pictured is the king size bed where I can often be found when practicing gets a bit too emotional. AA468E23-45DE-496E-9375-C760360A74E5.thumb.jpeg.a47edafb75ac69855c38a0b34fe7efb1.jpeg

I like that jazz

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I’ve managed to commandeer a bedroom on the top floor for my gear ( my wife got the ground floor office). 

Not pictured is the king size bed where I can often be found when practicing gets a bit too emotional. AA468E23-45DE-496E-9375-C760360A74E5.thumb.jpeg.a47edafb75ac69855c38a0b34fe7efb1.jpeg

That’s cool, I like the stone wall 🙂

• Thanks 1