okusman

SOLD. This is your last chance b4 it comes off sale. Free UK delivery. Sandberg California MarloweDK IV with proper Sandberg soft case. Happy to ship. Final Drop £950
£1150
Cheltenham

Sandberg MarloweDK California 4 string bass. Series 2. As original. Comes with the proper Sandberg soft case.

No hyperbole needed. A quality bit of kit.

Specs:

Alder Body (Vibration treated), Maple Neck, Pau Ferro Board, Pearloid Inlays, Custom wound Alnico Pickups, Nickel Hardware, 38mm neck at nut, Weight: 8lbs 3lbs ’ish’

Condition is as ‘new’ 😂. It’s never ever been dropped or banged, and has been kept in a hard case when not being played. I’ve gigged it, but I manage not to fall over or fight with drum kits.

Bass is in Cheltenham. Will come in the proper Sandberg softcase. UPS to mainland UK for £30, or arrange a local meet/collection. I’ve a proper bass box etc

£950. I’ve no need to sell, so please no daft/disingenuous offers.

Mark

ECE45033-D0B4-4CE1-A6CC-32A43F75CA9F.jpeg

893C75F8-4524-4024-8527-C150E5BBED2A.jpeg

053F67E7-2B8D-4A3B-A201-B8CCDD2C1F99.jpeg

1A3F054A-D9C2-42A9-A0D3-40D445BF21FF.jpeg

D9D5C890-1C68-41B0-87A5-0A43C23B8740.jpeg

4C51C4E3-9C81-489C-A930-AB9092D41FF7.jpeg

3D2A1437-D9E6-47C5-955F-12D7A53739A0.jpeg

Edited by okusman
Sold
  • Like 2

Jesus that’s a great price for one of these. Wish I had the money - I played one a while back at Bass Direct and it was stunning. Perfect neck and nut dimensions too. gLwTS

• Like 1

I quite like the relic finish but am worried by the gouge in the top. It looks very deep!

I realise it's part of the extensive wear pattern but can you say how deep it is and whether it affects playability? 

Sincerely not been something I’d considered or actually been aware of! The relicing is where wear would happen over time. It is definitely not an issue gigging and is where your thumb would naturally anchor. I’m at work right now, but would say 5mm?

All the best

Mark

That gouge really is not too deep and it’s in a position where Thomas Rissel would naturally place his thumb as it’s his sig bass.

Playability is by no means affected, in some ways it adds another position to rest your thumb as a nice ‘natural’ shelf - on top either pick up and in this bit.

Top top bass

Cheers @okusman and @Cuzzie. I'm looking into getting a Sandberg. Was initially interested in something PJ-ish (VT4, VM4 etc) but might widen the net to J models. This certainlyseems like a great deal. I'm not anti-relic by any means so thanks for the info.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frank Blank
      NOW SOLD
      Having once and for all settled on exclusively playing short scale basses I'm selling this Sandberg California TT4 P. I bought this from @DoubleOhStephan last November but only got to pick it up a week or two back. It is, by far, the lightest 34" bass I've ever played, it's just a shade heavier than my 30' Rob Allen Mouse. Incredible bit of kit. Pickup from Southend, delivered to you by me (reasonable distance obv, try me) or mid-way meet. Here's a couple of my snaps...
    • By JohnPaulJones
      Beautiful instrument by Jon.
      Upgraded Ziricote top
      Premium light-weight alder body
      Hard rock birds-eye maple neck and board (7-piece neck)
      Set neck
      Matching headstock
      34" scale
      Brass nut
      Seymour Duncan pups and 3-band active pre-amp circuit
      18mm string spacing
      8.9lbs on my scales
      Active/passive Killswitch - not sure why...
      Passive tone control, stacked bass/treble, mid, balance and volume
      Shuker embossed Hiscox case.

Collection welcome. Courier £25.

https://imgur.com/IraRgPZ

https://imgur.com/3OSpLA5

https://imgur.com/WvvFdMX

https://imgur.com/jDNv094

https://imgur.com/2OBogeD

https://imgur.com/5KHPZS0

https://imgur.com/pENx4nq

https://imgur.com/GAbxAwi
    • By Scoopdude
      PRICE DROP - = £1100
      For sale is my Xotic XJPro - 01.
      Purchased in March this year, not the bass for me though mainly playing double bass these days and my other work calls more a P bass, so on the hunt for one of those  
      It is a wonderfully easy bass to play, the neck in particular feels super nice. It has a really nice set up as it so fresh from the shop! It is strung with a set of DR Pure Blues strings. Condition is as new.
      Here's a link to the Xotic website - http://xoticbasses.com These models were only available for a limited and are discontinued now, so do not expect to see therm come up very often! Such a high quality bass particularly at this price point.
      Comes with a very stylish case. 
      Pickup or meet up in London preferred but can arrange postage within UK.
      Would be interested in trades for Fender P's (preferably early 70's).

• By dangoose
      This is a review of my experience with a fairly old school combo bass guitar amp from Ashdown Music. These haven't been made for a long time now but they can be picked up fairly cheaply used and if you know what to look for you can get a very capable example that can ace rehearsals and do small Gigs easily. And is very easy to carry around.  
      The MAG 250 is an intermediate amplifier version that sits nicely between the old school MAG 200 mosfet combos and the later MAG300 bi polar amp combos. What you can expect to get is a fairly lightweight chipboard cabinet that is covered with black carpet and has two rear ports on the speaker box. Standard plastic corners, and a rubber strap handle are fitted. Originally no rubber feet were fitted to these combos so they are prone to wear on the bottom panel.  The amp chassis section is fairly interesting in that its made of lightweight magnesium alloy and only a fraction of the weight of EB180 and MAG300 steel chassis versions. This is a major plus as it gives the combo a very lightweight feel. The pre-amp is standard MAG specification and the power amp section is essentially a MAG300 with a smaller 250VA toroidal transformer. Early MAG 250's were convection cooled but can be prone to overheating if used at high power for extended periods. Later examples had a cooling fan fitted ( a standard 80mm Jamicon fan unit ) longitudinally inside the amp chassis. These are the most desirable versions. The standard speaker fitted to these units was a SICA branded 8 ohms 15 inch unit. I'm not sure of the power rating as its not stamped on the chassis but expect this is the same unit fitted to MAG 300 combos of the time so likely to be between 200 to 300 watt rating. The driver seems fairly efficient and can easily handle the MAG 250 output. 
      In use the pre-amp is bog standard MAG. You have high/low inputs for passive/active basses, an input volume, 5 band EQ with bass(usually swept around 100Hz), low mids swept normally at 220Hz, middle swept at 660Hz , high mids swept at 1.6 Khz and treble swept around 7Khz. There is a low boost and a high boost switch, a main EQ in/out and a switchable sub octaver with adjustable knob. The DI is post EQ and there is an effects send/return and a tuner /line out. if you have ever used a MAG or an Electric Blue amp these will all be familiar and the EQ section can create a wide variety of tones. RM users will also find these controls familiar. The rear panel has two speaker out jacks with a safe minimum impedance of 4 ohms. Essentially adding an external 8 ohm cab will allow the full power and headroom to be used. 
      In use this combo can really deliver a fine and powerful output from its inbuilt speaker. I tested this with a p-bass straight in and with the input around 3/4 and the master around half on the dial, it delivers a tight focused output that sounds clean and detailed around 30-40 feet away. One thing you will notice is the amp chassis gets very warm at this sort of high volume and after a long session. This is normal as the chassis is also part of the cooling mechanism for MAG 250's.
      The combo tested in this review was owned by me and originally was built and left the Ashdown UK factory around May 2003. It was reviewed last year at a local rehearsal studio.

In summary, here are some pros and cons:
      Pros
      lightweight alloy amp chassis makes this a breeze to transport (15.5 KG typical total combo weight)
      Lightweight particle board cab
      Rear ported for a deep smooth tone
      Punches easily as high as later MAG300 combo's for loudness.
      Cheap as chips used
      Simple to repair/maintain
      Parts cheap and easily accessible. 
      Efficient SICA blue line driver
      Typical Ashdown tone.

Cons
      rehearsal / small gigs only
      prone to overheating during long gigs if it doesn't have the cooling fan update. 
      prone to wear on the bottom panel as did not have rubber feet as standard and carpet/corners can get torn/worn.
      cats love these combos for sharpening their claws so never buy one from a cat owner as it will likely be torn to shreds down the side panels. 

Verdict - one of Ashdown's hidden gems where lightweight amp chassis design/technology wasn't appreciated at the time(except by those in the know). 

• By shybaldbuddhist
      Set of flatwound chrome long scale medium gauge bass strings. Only played once before deciding I needed a lighter gauge.
      Gauges are: 50, 70, 85, 105. 
      The strings are cut to fit a Fender Jazz bass so will still be long enough for all types of bass.
      Normally £42. Will post for a couple of pounds extra.