Why become a member? ×

Concert Rig for Sale (Trace Elliot / Peavey)

Bassmanc

[quote name='josh3184' post='376827' date='Jan 11 2009, 03:16 PM']this is an absolutely epic deal! Glad I've already got what I need or my room would seem a lot smaller at the moment...[/quote]

THANKS FOR THE ENDORSEMENT!,

But when you've sold your gear you'll have loads of space!

You know it makes sense, get MEGLOMANIA now and screw the critics!

;)

Little update for those following this thread (!)

I have serious offers on the Amp rack and Trace Elliot 4 x 10s now, so it does look as though there's only the Peavey Cabs left. (oh yes and the GP11 preamp with the damaged, but easily repairable faders if you want it!)

Don't pass them by if you want manageable ported 15s that move some serious air and can still be lifted and carried by a normal sized person (even after a heavy gig and loads of beer!)

£150 the pair (or a very near offer for cash or extremely valuable alternative enticement!)

Update to the Update!

The offer on the Trace Elliot 4x10 cabs has been withdrawn due to insufficient funds, so the rig is back on offer. I do have offers on the amp rack, but I'm hanging on to that so I can try to sell the speakers (and it's hard to demonstrate them without the Amp!)

As mentioned earlier in the Thread I do have two GP11 preamps. I've now swapped the one with damaged faders for the one in pristine condition in the rack, so after further consideration and some advice the price on the Rack head is now £330 (or £300 with the damaged preamp)

The 4x10s are £120 and £150 respectively (one is a little older than the other and shows a little more sign of use and age, but both work perfectly and have identical speakers).

The Peavey 1x15 ported Bins are £150 for the pair and I have the home-made horn box for £30

This stuff new was:-
GP11 - £200
RA500 - £700+
UV light - £120
SKB Rack case £100
4x10s - c £350 each
1x15s - £450 (the pair)
Horn box - £50 (just for the parts)

That's £2320 worth of top end 500w stereo (or mono) bass rig on offer for just £650 (or £675 with the pristine pre-amp).

Just a quick bit of positive feedback for this sale thread.

I Bought one of the Trace 4 x 10 Cabs from Bassmanc and am V.Happy. Bargain price, sorted out shipping for me and well packaged. 10/10 And hey it sounds great too!!

Buy with confidence.

[quote name='MB1' post='389558' date='Jan 23 2009, 02:00 PM']MB1. :)
Stranger still! :huh:[/quote]

What are you saying? ;)
Strange that the guy is happy with the deal or that he thinks his new cab sounds great!??

Of course he's happy - dealing with a honest chap like me - and when did a trace elliot cab ever fail to bring a smile to a bassist's face!? :P

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='387633' date='Jan 21 2009, 03:54 PM']MB, this is a strange, but helpful hobby you have!

;)[/quote]

MB1. :P
Sorry! this was Your last comment to which i was replying....."Stranger Still!" :)
was that the £120 or the £150 4x10 ?.

[quote name='MB1' post='389640' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:07 PM']MB1. :huh:
Sorry! this was Your last comment to which i was replying....."Stranger Still!" :angry:
was that the £120 or the £150 4x10 ?.[/quote]

Ah - I get it!

It was the £120 version (old faithfull!). Been with me since I first saw Mark King at the Sheffield Lyceum with L42 blasting out the Early Years tracks through his Trace 8x10 with the lights down the side(!). I went straight home and raided my piggy bank to buy some Trace Gear of my own. I won't try to remember exactly when that was, but perhaps the new owner could have the cab carbon dated to get the year within a decade or two(!!)

I have a guy coming over to see the other 4x10 tonight and I doubt he'll be disppointed - it's a very tidy example and still sounds superb. The only thing I have against these beauties is that they weigh-in at a tad under 40kgs and I can't face lifting them every time the band rehearses or gigs!

I also have a guy from down South trying to get up to see the amp rack, so as soon as we sort that I'll be able to close this thread !! (Yippee)

Then I'll re-post the Peavey speakers again a little later on (though I do have a possible interested party who wants to borrow them for a try out with his band).

So it seems the BassChat forum has worked for me!

;) :P :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='389965' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:29 PM']I have just bought the TE 4x10 from Bassmanc, A nice guy and the cab sounded great. that's me sorted.[/quote]

And may it give many years of stirling service for you! - Simple no hassle transaction and a pleasure to meet you!

• 2 weeks later...