Why become a member? ×

Paul Carrack.

bubinga5

Fab. Seen PC on numerous occasions, first with Squeeze followed by Mike and the Mechanics, then solo stuff and then as keys player for Eric Clapton. Great singer and keyboard player and a lovely guy. May be a bit AOR for some people on here but he’s had an amazing career since first charting with Ace.

• Like 2

For the last few years Paul has made a number of solo albums on which he played a lot of the instruments himself. He’s a wonderful Hammond player, and often plays guitar on his solo gigs. For me he just has one of those amazing voices that connect straight away,  very recognisable and always spot on. His session work includes recording with Elton John, The Pretenders, The Smiths, Roger Waters, BB King and Roxy Music - his CV must be one of the best in existence!

Yeah, he is a terrific musician. He really has a great feel for music and certainly has done the rounds over the years. 

That OP video has a really clean mix. 

I think that backing singer, Tambourine playing lady is, Lindsay Dracass. Back in the early 2000's, at age 16, she was the UK entry for the Eurovision Song Contest.....(and she didn't come last :D). 

Edited by lowdown

Have seen Paul on a number of occasions and he is always superb. I am not a huge fan of his material but he has some top notch songs. For me he is a bit like Paul Rodgers, I like to try and second guess what note he will sing next or how he will phrase a well known line in a well known song. I fail every time as he simply plays with a melody using his effortless voice. Top musician.

13 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

He had more hair then, I saw them at Bradford Uni early 70's.

That’s why he often wears a hat, Keith! 😈

And if we are going back that far, do people know the song  was an attack on the Sutherland Bros for trying to steal Ace’s bass player? Hence a very appropriate choice by the OP.

54 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

That’s why he often wears a hat, Keith! 😈

And if we are going back that far, do people know the song  was an attack on the Sutherland Bros for trying to steal Ace’s bass player? Hence a very appropriate choice by the OP.

Tex Comer....back in the day when we didn't have the internet, everything shut on a Sunday and there were only 3 channels I used to scan the record sleeves for hours.

• Like 1

Absolutely superb. 

Bubinga continues to introduce me to more wonderful tunes I wouldn't otherwise have listened to. 

It's unfortunate that all of the members of the band got the camera operator's attention but the bass player did not. 

23 minutes ago, EJWW said:

Absolutely superb. 

Bubinga continues to introduce me to more wonderful tunes I wouldn't otherwise have listened to. 

It's unfortunate that all of the members of the band got the camera operator's attention but the bass player did not. 

That's Jeremy Meek on Bass, played with PC for some time now.

Never someone I would deliberately set out to see, I caught him twice accidentally at festivals two weeks apart a couple of years ago and he was blinding.

Dumb trivia - How long must be one of the very few songs written about a bass player!