Why become a member? ×

Journey bass playing.

paul_5

Ross Valory is not only an accomplished bassist.... but also a champion 'gurner'... lol!

Loved his tone and his interesting choice of basses too.... from a P Bass with J neck, to a Peavey T-40, to an Ovation Magnum, to a Steinberger, to a Jackson Concert to a Curbow and more.... never boring and ALWAYS with great 'mid-boosted' tone!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arthurhenry said:

I would have thought it was well known amongst musicians that all of Journey were/are fantastically talented. Ross Valory is a great player. The last half of Stone In Love is incredible. Live album Captured is also highly recommended, as is Randy Jackson's bass playing on the Raised On Radio album.

I'm not a musician which probably explains why I've not known this.

Funnily enough 'Lights' is on Planet Rock right now. Makes me want to be a record producer - a song that desperately needs a dose of grit to stop it sounding like the Bee Gees with an excellent guitar over the top.

Now 'Wheel in the Sky' is an excellent song - but every time I hear it I think it's Heart...