Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan JV Precision P Bass in RARE Candy Apple Red all original (not Squier JV) CAR *SOLD*
£1350
North London

Mattybob7

Reluctant sale of my beloved Candy Apple Red Fender JV P bass. OPEN TO OFFERS. (Be quick before I change my mind...)

More photos to follow early next week.

Reason for sale: I have found myself with 3 Ps and I have my eyes on a unique P bass and can’t justify 4 Ps. I know I’ll regret this sale.

This thing has done me well. Played many a gig from small clubs to big festival stages, always strung with flats (except a short period this year where I had rounds on it) never has it sounded anything but great. Nothing plays like this thing and it sure sounds huge! 

You already know about JV Fenders so no need to explain. I got this Via Pierre from Bass Freaks at the very beginnings of his shop. (I think I was one of his first customers) Essentially he sourced this direct from Japan a good 4 to 5 years ago for me. (I hope he doesn’t mind me name dropping). He still has only come a cross a couple other CAR P basses since finding this one.

It’s all original, except for the addition of the thumb rest that was done at The Bass Gallery the year I bought it, and has been very well looked after. It was recently set up at The Gallery and is strung with Thomastik flats. Plays wonderfully as you’d expect.

It’s in good condition considering it’s age. There is a few dings and scratches but nothing serious. The worst of it is some dings on the top where your right arm rests but it is by no means bad, just a small portion of paint missing. Nothing to worry about, I just want to be clear and honest. (photos to follow in the next few days). The neck is in very very good condition, as is the fretboard. 

The fretboard is a lovely dark piece of rosewood. 

I have played it next to a 1963 P bass and this really does do it as well as the original.

Anyways. Enough blabbing. More photos will follow, I’m out on a tour so I have a few photos from gigs etc of the bass. Some proper photos will follow early next week.

Please do contact me if you want to send me offers, or want more photos. I’m open to it.

Will supply a generic hardcase with it. Will happily restring it with Rounds if the sale is made free of charge.

based near Alexandra Palace, North London.

1599BB32-2534-4A2D-B188-9E5BB298C128.thumb.jpeg.c12306f58aae5f026985e2299ba894d6.jpeg

FA3F029E-7B6F-46F6-AEE2-B0904DFDA515.png

D13B92B8-2784-4493-B286-701299EA688B.png

C6E2E3C5-6177-43F0-852B-2928E73B7177.png

85CA9D84-F680-4975-9435-ED9709F08F0B.jpeg

AC5A3B55-B7B8-4368-BA7D-2CC95AC21DA2.jpeg

F8229759-10F9-4803-BE3D-E461FCC63419.jpeg

338D9D4F-633D-4666-8FA3-895E21764309.jpeg

CC375B70-0D07-47A9-9355-20767DCC68F8.jpeg

Edited by Rich
New photos
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

Oh son. You're gonna regret this. Only ever found ... 3 CAR Fender.

I saw it on Martin's site and wondered if it was yours.

what are you buying?  

Not the one on martin’s site! However I think I may eventually take it down here and bring it in there.

Fender have a nice CS thing that I want to get from them that was possibly the nicest P bass I’ve played in ages! It’s essentially a transition period J neck on a P bass body (but roasted)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I don’t believe that neck is the original neck for this bass. JV serial numbers were from 82 to 84. And when Fender Japan first said they wanted to do a Medium Scale Bass, model PB-331, Fender told them they can only do it with the Squier decal on the headstock. It wasn’t until later in the 80s that you saw some medium scale p bases with the fender logo on the headstock. 
I could be wrong but, what’s the date stamp on the neck?

Edited by Auctopus
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

this has been sold.

it’s a non-export Fender JV for the Japanese market hence why there are no Squier logos on it. I got it imported from Japan. It’s a full 32” scale neck not a medium.

neck pocket was 83 if I remember correctly.

I've seen a few of these before and they don’t come about often unless you’re in Japan.

regardless, this is sold.

• 9 months later...
  • Rich changed the title to Fender Japan JV Precision P Bass in RARE Candy Apple Red all original (not Squier JV) CAR *SOLD*
  • Rich locked this topic