Why become a member? ×

Pedulla MVP PJ 4 '89 Fretless -SOLD-
£1200
Italy

dejan

Hi, on sale a beautiful Pedulla MVP PJ 4 Custom . This bass was made in USA by Michael Pedulla in 1989, light gold original finish and very good contitions for the age. This bass was converted fretless (professional work) and sounds great...as you know!!All original components: Bartolini custom PJ pickups and electronic(vol./bal./tone), Schaller bridge and tuners. Weight 3,8 Kg. Included original hardcase and truss rod key. I can ship to Europe (you choose the courier company and pay the shipping cost). Bye!!!

Link to a YouTube video :

IMG_20190129_145955.jpg

IMG_20190129_150008.jpg

IMG_20190129_150035.jpg

IMG_20190129_150053.jpg

Edited by dejan
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Alanbass said:

Is this an active bass or passive ( you mention the controls are vol/ vol/tone)?

...Pedulla in those years uses an active electronics (so there is a pre with a 9v battery inside the rear cavity) but with a simple controls configuration, volume-balance-tone. (...not volume-volume...my mistake!!)

Edited by dejan

36 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Similar weight to my old MVP4 fretted, which was one of the best basses I've ever owned/played. I px'd it against a Wal Custom which with hindsight I didn't like remotely as much.

...in my opinion (and personal experience) Mike Pedulla in the late '80 realized a simple bass concept: maple and ebony (in alternative to many different stripes of wood of others great brands), a simple custom system of pickups and electronics, solid hardware and a neck-through construction that, when well done, give to the instrument a beautiful sustain and richness...I think that, in the second hand market, you can't find a USA boutique instrument with the same value for the money! 😉 

• Like 1

• dejan changed the title to Pedulla MVP PJ 4 '89 Fretless -SOLD-