Why become a member? ×

Bitsa JV Precision

Roger2611

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Jv-P-Bass/283619694869?hash=item42090d1915:g:DQMAAOSwC~tdaV4-

I know the seller of this bass and I have told him that I think it is a bitsa bass, I believe the owner passed away and his wife asked a local shop to sell his basses, two of which are JV Precision's the 57 body to go with this neck has been routed with a jazz pickup and the 62 neck to go with this body has converted to fretless so this is the remains of the two basses.

The seller swears the bass is original as a maple neck, 3 tone sunburst body, but I have never come across this colour combination and the fact that the other bass is the direct opposite tells me that the two have been swapped about.

Both parts are genuine JV parts and the bass is in nice condition and plays really well so to me is well worth the starting price, I just wish he had listed it as advised so as to avoid any disappointment down the line.  

2 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

"no refunds, no returns" - sounds totally trustworthy to me! 🤔

To be fair I have brought half of the gear I own from his shop, he is am amp tech to some very big names in the music business, he is totally trustworthy but he seems to be standing his ground on this being an unaltered bass despite evidence to the contrary