Why become a member? ×

That could've been me!

odysseus

Have you ever discovered a band and thought Crikey, I could have written that or That dude plays like me?

For some reason I had never listened to any Fates Warning until recently when I happened to be  bit the worse for rum and rifling through various YouTube suggestions.  I started watching a live gig from Athens and instantly liked it and found it very similar to stuff I've written over the years, and the bassist Joey Vera even looks and plays a bit like me, or indeed me like him!  I've since bought a few albums.

Not to be confused with 'This is the band I wished I was in', have any of you fine people discovered bands that are strangely familiar in playing style and/or material?

Mmm... rum.... 😍

2 hours ago, odysseus said:

I started watching a live gig from Athens and instantly liked it and found it very similar to stuff I've written over the years . . . .

I hope you've got your lawyer on the case. There's a lot of people getting very rich these days.

20 hours ago, odysseus said:

Have you ever discovered a band and thought Crikey, I could have written that or That dude plays like me?

Sort of.

Except in my case, it's not so much other bands and their songs as much as YouTube videos of people getting stuck in revolving doors or falling into duck ponds.

• Haha 1

On 19/09/2019 at 22:02, Bluewine said:

I've often seen guys out on things like The Happy Together Tour. Where you tour as the back ip band for 60s hit makers like Peter Noone, The Turtles, Paul Revere & The Raiders ect..... and I say " I wish I had that gig.

Blue

Over here we have the Solid Silver 60s tour. Lots of guys who had hits in the 60's (Searchers, Troggs, Brian Poole etc) doing sold out big theatre tours. I know the keyboard player in the band. I keep reminding him I'm available, but the phone hasn't rung yet.