Why become a member? ×

Baby on the way! What's some chilled bass driven songs to play?

Friskydingo

Any music is good music. Remember, that for some time you are the one that makes the song choices. My sons are already so big, that father's music is like I am, outdated.

By the way, this was my road to happiness, when boys did not sleep:

https://www.amazon.com/Tone-Fitness-Stability-Exercise-Equipment/dp/B07P5VYNZ1

I sat down on it and started to move a little while holding the kid in my arms. Boys fell to sleep in minutes. I saved gallons of gasoline and did not have to leave the house. The best £20 spent ever.

The wonderful thing about children is that they’re unique. You’ll find your way!

My kids don’t have much time for bass, but they love acoustic guitar. It might sound like the Waltons, but being able to strum a few chords and play a few songs or nursery rhymes is wonderful. 

Both of my daughters (3 and 1) love the guitar and we’ve got 3 around the house. 

Congratulations too!

Congratulations!

When my first daughter was born (21 years ago this week!) the household was mostly listening to 'Big Calm' by Morcheeba and lots of Bob Marley.

(The same daughter's first word was "tar", pointing at my acoustic (gui)tar hung on the wall behind me as she stood on my lap).

Edited by MrDaveTheBass
  • Like 1

Congratulations!

For our smallest, I found instrumental post-rock worked quite well - GSY!BE, Explosions In The Sky, Red Sparrows, This Will Destroy You etc

Alternatively, try this playlist I made

There are studies that show babies fall asleep to certain rhythms, Mariah Carey seems to use those, giving her the nickname Magic Mariah in our house 😃

Also, try the albums by Rockabye Baby - they do lullabye versions of all your favourite bands - I use the Tom Petty and Metallica albums on Spotify quite often

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDaveTheBass said:

Congratulations!

When my first daughter was born (21 years ago this week!) the household was mostly listening to 'Big Calm' by Morcheeba and lots of Bob Marley.

(The same daughter's first word was "tar", pointing at my acoustic (gui)tar hung on the wall behind me as she stood on my lap).

I hope you reprimanded her and pointed her towards the bass instead! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1