Why become a member? ×

Baby on the way! What's some chilled bass driven songs to play?

Friskydingo

Congratulations!  I think a few low end sounds would be perfect.  The womb is a noisy place full of the sounds of the outside world, blood rushing around and digestive gurgling noises and they manage to sleep in utero, so a bit of bass would probably soothe the little one.  As long as you aren't rattling the windows with it obviously!

It's definitely scary the first time round, but you'll do great as long as you give the little one lots of attention.  Keep talking to them and carry them round as much as possible.  You can spoil them with stuff but you can't spoil them with love.

All the best for the three of you!

Congratulations!

I have been through this recently as we currently have a 9 week old baby girl.

Essentially, I don't think that music really matters in terms of relaxing our baby, at least while she is at the newborn stage. When she wants to sleep, she will sleep through anything. When she doesn't want to sleep or she is hungry and not being fed, no amount of relaxing music is going to help calm her as well as the act of picking her up and giving her a cuddle and speaking to her.

In terms of quiet relaxing sounds with slow low sounding groans and no loud unexpected noises, I have found that watching a Scottish football match on the TV is as beneficial as any type of whale music or compilations of background noises. 

JCongratulations. All the cliches about children are true, even the ones that flatly contradict each other! 

Just play whatever the child likes and what you like or whatever makes them sleepy or happy. I often walked round and round the bedroom at 2am with my first baby singing the theme from Red Dwarf until he fell asleep. 

But if there was a CD player nearby during the day then he got whatever was to hand. ELO, Air, Jethro Tull, all sorts.

1 hour ago, Daz39 said:

Congrats! You'll never be rich again! Although you probably kissed that goodbye when you bought first a car, and then a house ;)

Some Metal - bit of Maiden will have the sprog moshing along.

I was never rich in the first place! 

When they're older definitely rocking out to punk and ska. 

Love some reggae, maybe eek a mouse

• Like 1