Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Thanks. Fender Jazz 62 RI CIJ 1992
£675
Stroud UK

fingerz

A change in circumstances forces me to put this really lovely jazz bass up for sale.

I came across this beautiful 62 CIJ reissue earlier this year, comparing it to a couple of vintage basses I had to get it in my collection as it sounded and felt like the best of the bunch. Cops my idea of the 60's tone, it's a really nice instrument. Comes in the rare Ocean Turquoise finish, looks amazing, and could add value in years to come being it's already 25 years old.

I lowered the action and realised it needed a fret stone and re-crown, which I have had done by 'The Gallery'. I tend to find this is common on basses of this age when you get the action down, it exposes it. So that's been done. I just need to free up some cash right now, so thought I'd see if there were any takers.

Serial number dates it around '93. Hardware is oxidising nicely and there a few marks due it's age and the fact it's been played. Period correct bridge and external earthing in line with the year this bass is based on. It looks like it's had a repair on the bass side top of the finger board around the third fret. Zero issues here, but I'd like you to know about it. Pictured. This would make a great bass for someone who just wants to play and enjoy the instrument whilst retaining the look and tone of something much much older. Honestly, it's a lovely bass. 

Weight: 9.2 lbs

Straplocks fitted but can be sold without.

I have NO CASE for this bass, it didn't come with one and don't have any spares, apologies.

If you have any questions at all please PM, or feel free to call on 07719154668. I make a mean cup of tea, you're welcome to come and give it a go if you're interested in the bass. 

Thanks

P1120012.JPG

P1120013.JPG

P1120014.JPG

P1120015.JPG

P1120016.JPG

P1120017.JPG

P1120018.JPG

P1120019.JPG

P1120020.JPG

P1120021.JPG

P1120023.JPG