Why become a member? ×

Get your own CUSTOM* bass in 2 WEEKS*

BassApprentice

Hmm.

That headstock is not good. Seems overly long and clumsy.

While it's nice that they do P/J and reverse P pick-up options in both P&J bodies, it's all a bit Fender-Centric. It'd be nice to see a JPJ, JJ/J, MM/J, MM/MM or just MM options...

Not sure I like the defiantly anti-active stance, either. If the build quality is good, then that will help.

With all the brands and options to choose from at this price level this bass is leaving me unimpressed to say the least. The headstock is meh, the font/branding too.

I mean you name a bass bite and the best thing you can come is a headstock which looks like part of it is bitten off and a similar logo on the neck plate? 

Nonetheless all the best to them and hope they can get a niche market with the short lead time and customization. I'm not sure this is really important but maybe so for some folks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cato said:

Are we 100% sure those are the actual pickup covers that come with finished bass and not just some crass over -branding for the website?

I just can't see how anyone would think that's a good idea or that anyone would want them on their bass.

• Sad 1

If you read the blurb the main man retired from "Finances" and  this was a good stress-free way to fill his time,can't argue with that 🙂

Limiting the options to passive only/no 5 strings will help keep him stress-free. The big pickup rout allows for most option + less work. The stencils reduce finishing time + less work.

Doubt the fella needs to do more than 1 or 2 a week to tick over and keep the pension fund intact.

Wish them the best of luck.

p.s. I don't recall many complaining about the Cort headstock,this Bite is really just the Cort reversed

• Like 3

On 18/09/2019 at 19:42, BrunoBass said:

That headstock logo is almost as unappealing as the Bass Collection headstock logo. 

There's some serious competition out there, mostly from 6-strings...

image.png.548070d9e873a453193ce2ae3ac13d93.pngimage.png.0e3411696e986ff70fc9863171ab40ae.pngimage.png.2c49dbbba4f0b11d197b18dd1bf6c243.png

image.png.0cf318252598ae25ad1074c5a8344618.pngimage.png.473bb515aa3a72873a1829a1ea481569.png

4 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Ah, I see he went for the Tony Tiger stripes.  Why not, eh?

Well some women think leopard print is sexy...

• Like 1