Why become a member? ×

Later with Jools

spectoremg

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Had to admire Amyl making her boots from black gaffa tape, but probably not the right venue for their type of performance.....

The right venue for them would be a soundproofed room with locked doors.
Could have used some of the gaffe tape over her mouth.

Edited by steantval
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, steantval said:

The right venue for them would be a soundproofed room with locked doors.
Could have used some of the gaffe tape over her mouth.

I think Romney Marshes would be a more suitable venue,  along with some concrete sandals

Edited by fleabag
  • Haha 1

The most interesting thing about the show are the different breeds of mullet on display among this Amyl and the Nitrates whatever collective . Here is an earlier vid of Amyl with her own pet mullet .

Anyway, the return of the mullet is most welcome at a time when hipster beards, skinny jeans and shoes without socks are still prevalent, well in the backwoods of Gloucs anyway.  As for rest of the show, I'm going to watch my living room wall as a more interesting alternative

Edited by Barking Spiders

8 hours ago, Count Bassy said:

That is just absolutely appalling. Glad that I don't bother with the show anymore.

Enjoyed them myself and Liam Gallagher, it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same stuff don't you think? 

edit, and for once the interview, about vinyl, wasn't totally toe curling either .

Edited by PaulWarning

17 minutes ago, steantval said:

You are alone so far 😀

I didn't watch Jools on Friday but I got a text from my mate on Saturday morning asking if I wanted to go and see Amyll and the Sniffers (who I'd never heard of) , followed by another one a couple of hours later telling me that their shows in the Birmingham/Coventry area had sold out so we'd have to wait until next time. 

13 minutes ago, Cato said:

I didn't watch Jools on Friday but I got a text from my mate on Saturday morning asking if I wanted to go and see Amyll and the Sniffers (who I'd never heard of) , followed by another one a couple of hours later telling me that their shows in the Birmingham/Coventry area had sold out so we'd have to wait until next time. 

Thats what happens when you flash your donkey on live TV (her, not you lol)

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

IMO the ugliness and lack of stage presence of the male members of the band was far more offensive than the music.

While I agree that the backing band plumb new lows of munterdom my immediate reaction was to assume that the former Home Secretary Ms Amber Rudd MP (Ind) had been on her way to a fancy dress ball and stopped at several pubs en route.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

Enjoyed them myself and Liam Gallagher, it'd be a dull world if we all liked the same stuff don't you think? 

edit, and for once the interview, about vinyl, wasn't totally toe curling either .

2 hours ago, steantval said:

You are alone so far 😀

I quite liked them, nice to see a band that’s not “polished” on there. Thought LG was good too, probably the best I’ve heard his voice on a live performance for some time, much less middy/nasally than usual.

• Like 1

I don't care what the answer to this question is to be honest, but why the feck do they put it on over two nights? There are also references in the show to 'tomorrow' when JH speaks, as though we think it's actually taking place over two days – yeah, sure

Dear Points of View (remember that?), please, please decommission it now and bring back Blankety Blank or Z-Cars, or that show about motorcycle trials riding 😜

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I quite liked them, nice to see a band that’s not “polished” on there. Thought LG was good too, probably the best I’ve heard his voice on a live performance for some time, much less middy/nasally than usual.

You know that well known saying, “ you can’t polish a turd”.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I don't care what the answer to this question is to be honest, but why the feck do they put it on over two nights? There are also references in the show to 'tomorrow' when JH speaks, as though we think it's actually taking place over two days – yeah, sure

Dear Points of View (remember that?), please, please decommission it now and bring back Blankety Blank or Z-Cars, or that show about motorcycle trials riding 😜

does seem strange, I just record the longer version on Friday night, points of view is still broadcast by the BBC

Why do people keep on with this, "I think it's all crap, so it shouldn't be on TV, crap?" Everyone has different musical tastes so all music is valid.

Later doesn't often cater for me but that doesn't mean it's rubbish and should be scrapped! I record it and run through it later with the FFW button at the ready. Sometimes I can check out a show in 20 seconds and other times I'll watch most of the acts. Where are the other live music shows on TV? Pumping out so much negativity is tiresome and unnecessary. Watch the show and you might find the blinkers coming off, if only for one number.

There should be more live music on TV, a lot more. I'd suggest Later do some specials, where they focus on a particular type of music, but my hope is that Later outlasts me.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

does seem strange, I just record the longer version on Friday night, points of view is still broadcast by the BBC

WTF? Points of View is still on – you're kidding right!? I quite enjoyed Barry Took's wry approach – no doubt it's the Alice Cooper clone from Strictly doing it now

As for people keeping on about this, this is my first time commenting – it has to be time for something new though, surely? I don't think the new stage design is good either, just my opinion