Why become a member? ×

Later with Jools

spectoremg

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, steantval said:

this show just gets worse

Not quite sure how the Amyls got on, they're just a bit rubbish and not very tight, but at least they had some energy and were moderately entertaining, unlike that Gallagher bloke who got an enormous interview too.

Best band I felt were with the rapper bloke, though they were rather bland...

Amyl and the Sniffers are a bit crap but at least they don't take themselves too seriously unlike the Mancunian monkey. I had to turn over once he got up to his badly adjusted mic stand and started whining. Kojey Radical and band sounded good.

• Like 1

I have to say that the new format probably means this is the beginning of the end for the show.

We, I, don't need Jools chatting to someone who I've never heard of. What is the point of a co-host?  It's not interesting, it's irrelevant, pointless and taking up music time, which is what the show should be about.

Edited by chris_b
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chris_b said:

I have to say that the new format probably means this is the beginning of the end for the show.

We, I, don't need Jools chatting to someone who I've never heard of. It's not interesting, it's irrelevant, pointless and taking up music time, which is what the show should be about.

Not meaning to divert away from this topic, but I've been enjoying AC/DC's "Brian Johnson - A Life On The Road" series of interviews on Sky Arts (AXS TV)...

The new format is awful. I couldn't abide the part where the Australian band viewed clips of... Australian bands, it was pointless.

I've arrived at the conclusion that if you want to find the worst or blandest new music, you'll find it in the Guardian music section or on Later.....

The production company is obviously looking for ways to increase the viewing figures, but as always TV exec solutions miss the target by a mile. On a music program, it's the music that wins the viewers, not adding to the faff that surrounds the music.

• Like 1

The singer Celeste on the 30-minute show... can someone explain? She was so horrifyingly off-key at points that I couldn’t decide whether a) she had NO monitors or b) she’s been fooling everyone all this time or c) she’s actually a hugely talented vocalist making high-level artistic decisions re. “outside” notes that are accepted in the jazz world but beyond the understanding of a musical numbskull such as I...

Edited by KK Jale