Why become a member? ×

well known artists that never or hardly ever do gigs

Barking Spiders

XTC spring to mind. Obviously they toured extensively in their early years but post 1982 and Andy Partridge’s problems they never played live again. 

Kate Bush too, thirty five years between live shows.

Only a short career, but Nick Drake very rarely played live. 

I think today if you don’t play live you don’t make a living. 

• Like 1

The Alan Parsons Project were basically a studio venture from 1976 until 1990 when they made one live appearance at a European Night Of The proms event. In 1993 Alan Parsons himself decided to take a live band out on tour and has toured pretty much annually since.

3 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

Iron Maiden........ Sorry misread the topic 😲😂

Yes - the antithesis - they seem to spend all their time away from family touring. I can't imagine any of them need some money for a replacement hip or pension pot, unlike Aerosmith who snorted all theirs.

• Haha 2

Just now, Daz39 said:

Yes - the antithesis - they seem to spend all their time away from family touring. I can't imagine any of them need some money for a replacement hip or pension pot, unlike Aerosmith who snorted all theirs.

I think they are doing it because they can. Got to doff my cap to the band. Amazing stamina, and drive 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

I think they are doing it because they can. Got to doff my cap to the band. Amazing stamina, and drive 😎

Oh - I don't mean to malign them. I think they're having the time of their lives, a time they didn't think they would have at this stage of their lives - but the enduring popularity of metal and their own brand means they could fill any stadium anywhere. I just wish they'd spend more time making new albums ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz39 said:

Oh - I don't mean to malign them. I think they're having the time of their lives, a time they didn't think they would have at this stage of their lives - but the enduring popularity of metal and their own brand means they could fill any stadium anywhere. I just wish they'd spend more time making new albums ;) 

I didn't take it that way, honestly. I agree, they are having the best time, and I agree again, a new album would be ace. I'm pretty sure that is all in hand ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc S said:

Kraftwerk are one band I've never seen live. They don't play too often, especially lately. I know they do play festivals now & again.But they're not too often either

I’m a massive fan of Kraftwerk and would to see them live. A friend of mine saw them a few years ago with his girlfriend (she’s a fan, he’s not). When I asked him what he’d though of it he said it was like watching four old men giving a Powerpoint presentation. She can take me next time.

Edited by BrunoBass
  • Haha 4