Why become a member? ×

'51 Precision?

Quilly

• 1 month later...
On 17/09/2019 at 11:21, police squad said:

his main is a 57.

I had the Sting signature for a while and it sort of purred. Ash body, maple board. Nice bass but then I had a replica made of his 57. Alder body, more thump but lovely

no pickguard.jpg

That looks fabulous, where did you get it made? Limelight?.

Just now, hooky_lowdown said:

Damn you, now I'm heavily gassing for a 51. 😍

Thanks for the HB tip btw. I'm still looking for reasons why this bass is only €109 🤔 Apart from a fret finishing (which only cost me €40) its a fantastic bass given its cost. The neck feels fantastic. A really beefy maple neck with a lovely satin finish.     

2 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Thanks for the HB tip btw. I'm still looking for reasons why this bass is only €109 🤔 Apart from a fret finishing (which only cost me €40) its a fantastic bass given its cost. The neck feels fantastic. A really beefy maple neck with a lovely satin finish.     

You're welcome. Yup, these are excellent basses for the money. They can be easily modified should you feel like it, but the stock Roswell pickup is more than decent imho.

I also like a beefy neck. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

You're welcome. Yup, these are excellent basses for the money. They can be easily modified should you feel like it, but the stock Roswell pickup is more than decent imho.

I also like a beefy neck. 👍

The only further mod I think i'll do is install a thumb-rest, maybe one of those zero mod perspex ones, and I ditched the pickguard, the finish under was perfect. I suspect its a sunburst is a transfer or something but it looks great. 

On 25/11/2019 at 10:47, hooky_lowdown said:

@Quilly if you want to make your neck play like butter, this video will show you, it's cheap and easy to do yourself.

Literally all I had done to it, a fret polish and dress, €40 in all. So final tally is €150 and it plays like a dream, the neck is Fantastic on this thing. I’ve had several fender USA class Basses and seriously this HB bass Really is amazing value for money. Probably on a par with MiM standard fenders. I suspect the tone and vol pots might give trouble but so far there’s no sign of this happening. 

2 hours ago, Quilly said:

I suspect the tone and vol pots might give trouble but so far there’s no sign of this happening. 

5 and 1/2 year down the line my PB-50 still has same pots,same tuners,same bridge. No crackily jack socket either.

Now that I think about if,has the same strap buttons too 🙂

I'm not for a moment suggesting it's the best hardware ever to grace a bass guitar but if you're not constantly fiddling about with it there's little can go wonky.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...