Why become a member? ×

Immaculate 2019 Fender Player Series Precision Sonic Red - WITHDRAWN
£540
Falkirk

Delberthot

In June this year I Decided that I simply must have a new Fender Player Series Precision bass after reading all of the reviews and listening to the clips on Youtube etc.

I got it and wasn't disappointed. It's easily the best Precision that I have ever played. I cannot find a single flaw on it and it feels incredible. The colour is really vivid and really goes well with the Pau Ferro fretboard.

So why am I selling it?

Much as I love it, it's just not the bass for me. I still love the gnarly Musicman and Jazz bass tones and have decided to keep what I have and sell this on.

It is absolutely immaculate. There isn't a single mark on it anywhere, which isn't surprising as I only played 1 and a half gigs with it. I did keep it for a couple of months just to make sure that I wasn't going to regret selling it but it's just not going to be used.

Included with the bass, as can be seen in the pictures, is all of the associated Fender literature, an aftermarket pearloid effect scratchplate and thumb rest which I never had the chance to fit. It comes complete with an aftermarket bridge cover and has been fitted with a custom set of D'addario Chromes with gauges 45, 60, 80, 110 as I have always found that they are the most balanced flatwound string gauge.  It is also fitted with generic Schaller style strap lock button thingies and I will be including the strap parts. I've been using these for years and find them just as good as the originals. All in all around £90 of parts included.

It will be shipped in its original Fender box which will be inside another box and all carefully packaged.

I am looking for around £540 plus postage, which to mainland UK will be around £35ish.

It's an absolutely stunning bass and the pictures have all been taken in natural light with no photoshoppery whatsoever

The weight according to my scales is 8.6lbs or 3.9kgs

20190916_174605.jpg

20190916_174612.jpg

20190916_174630.jpg

20190916_174642.jpg

20190916_174647.jpg

20190916_174658.jpg

20190916_174710.jpg

20190916_174714.jpg

20190916_174720.jpg

20190916_174724.jpg

20190916_174553.jpg

20190916_174558.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 2

Well now I've gone and done it.  I've just ordered a new Fender American professional Jazz bass so first reasonable offer gets it.

I'm trying so hard to find a situation where I'd like to use this bass in so until I do it's still for sale but could be withdrawn at any time. 

If I could justify it I'd have this displayed on a wall in my living room as it's such a stunning bass

For anyone interested in this bass I will be away on holiday next week so won't be able to post it during this time. The bass is packed and ready to go so as long as everything was confirmed and paid by early evening on Thursday 3rd October then I could still send it before I go away. 

There's a very good chance that when I return I will withdraw it as the more I look at the pictures, the more I want to hold onto it despite having no gigging use for it at the moment

• Like 1

If I had £500 I'd be tempted, but what I really popped in to say was that I have always found Chromes disappointing on P basses. A bit hollow and ungutsy. TI flats, or GHS pressurewounds or the good old D'Addario nickels work much better. Just saying. You might decide to keep it.

My experience is the opposite. I find TIs dull, lifeless and too low tension.

When EQd properly Chromes can be really growly and cut through really well 

At the end of the day it's only a set of strings and could easily be changed to suit.

In fact I have new packets of both Fender and D'Addario nickel strings that I could fit to the bass if the new owner didn't want the Chromes

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

IME both TI JF344 and D’Addario Chromes are able to produce good tones ... TI have slightly more high-mids perhaps .. the main difference lie in the strings stiffness which is noticeably less in the case of the JF344, which I greatly prefer as Chromes tend to affect my playing speed after prolonged use

I've had a few but I prefer the look of the precision without the extra pickup. 

I'm probably going to withdraw the bass when I get back home at the weekend so I'm just giving it until then. If it doesn't sell then I'll keep it until a situation arises where I could use it 

• Like 1