Why become a member? ×

Broken Stones - Paul Weller

Hot Tub

Great song, I'm a big fan of Weller but I think his solo stuff is a bit hit and miss, this one's a cracker though.

You can get the lyrics and chords from 911tabs.com. It's a pretty simple riff that repeats through most of the song so you should be able to pick up where the changes are from this.

Sounds great played on a flatwound strung bass.

I agree with all of that. We have been paying it for a while and it goes down well.

If you cant find the Bass tab i have it as a pdf. PM me an email address if you want it.

In fact i have the Paul Weller Guitar Archive PDf if you want it. It covers everything (more ore less) from the Jams's first album up to Stanley Road.
Its a collection of PW tabs that someone collected and put on a website. the site closed down ages ago but this PDF was made just before it went.
They are mostly for guitar and i cant say how accurate they are but its helped me out a lot in the past.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 10 years later...
24 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

Just spotted and leeched this. Thanks for making it available! It'll save me a lot of work.

No problem. All i did was Google it and post a link. I have the file somewhere but it was quicker to do it this way. it helped me a lot when i was dong a Weller tribute band.

• Like 1

I never liked Weller or  the Jam until my old singer (huge Weller fan) said we should give it a try. Only did 4 gigs but it was great fun leaning those songs and I still like listening to the older Weller songs. Not really in to the latest stuff. Back then our drummer was out off a tribute band called the Jamm. 

To be honest I’d rather go and listen to a tribute band, or From the Jam, rather than go and see Weller.

Good luck with the project. 

• 1 year later...
On 28/12/2008 at 23:27, ziggenpuss said:

You can get the lyrics and chords from 911tabs.com. 

I have found their tabs to be very hit and miss. Some stuff I can see is just plain wrong. I used to use Songster as  you can play along with it but even that had wrong tabs sometimes. I think the trouble with these sites is, its people sending in their interpretation of a song and its not necessarily correct. It isn't endorsed by the original artists.

Edited by ubit

17 minutes ago, phil.c60 said:

Yeah, but it's only £4.63 and for that you get the very right thing. Not a huge price to pay IMHO to save yourself a lot of time. 

Well I’d still be weary of anything that isn’t Officially written for the bass. Piano parts or not always the full bass line.