Why become a member? ×

**WITHDRAWN** MTD Kingston Super 5 String
£700
Bath

kieranhogarty

Hi there,

**PRICE DROP TO £625**
I'm selling an MTD Kingston Super 5 string bass guitar (NO TRADES) that has had a nordstrand bigman 5 pickup (£185) installed in the bridge position. Bought from bass direct roughly 3 years ago and is currently selling for £950 new. Amazing looking and sounding bass in great condition, really has been a reliable workhorse. Played a lot of gigs with no dramas or faults. One of the most comfortable basses I've ever played and feels super solid for a production model. I am only getting rid of it as I don't need the longer 35 inch scale length, so basically downsizing.

The body has some slightly wear and tear around it, some slight buckle rash and mild shiny patch around the thump position. Small amount of tarnish on the bridge but minimal. Small marks on the top of the headstock from bumping into things, but again very minor. Neck is in amazing condition with no visible marks. Overall it's in very great condition but has been well played, most of the commented areas you have to be looking very hard to find anything. Currently all nicely set up in C# standard.

Amazingly powerful electronics onboard with the ability to set the humbuckers in either parallel/single/series individually with the mini toggles and then blend between the two. The also a 3 band EQ. So you can almost get any sound you want on this. I upgraded the bridge pickup to make it a little more powerful as it's naturally the quieter pickup of the two, there was a view to upgrade the other but found a great sound so didn't bother. Hardware is solid, zero fret helps to allow for a low lovely low action is desired. The 35 inch scale length creates an amazing low B due to the extra tension.

The scratchplate is hand-made by myself and stuck on with double sided tape. The compartment to get into the truss rod adjuster is below is, but it's easy enough to access, just didn't want to put screws into the body.

This doesn't come with a case.
Ideally looking for a local pickup from bath, but can deliver by car within reasonable distance for the price of fuel or I'm happy to meet up halfway somewhere to exchange.
I can arrange shipping within UK if none of the above options are possible.

I've attached a YouTube demo of the 4 string version of the bass.

Any questions just pop me a message on here.

Kind regards,
Kieran

Product Description (Bass Direct):
The MTD Kingston Super is the perfect combination of beauty and brawn. The stunning carved body and premium finishes perfectly support an incredibly powerful electronics package. How powerful, you ask? Well, in addition to a 3-band active preamp, Michael Tobias included a three way mini-switch for each MM-style pickup. In the down position the pickups are in humcancelling series mode, which gives a big, bold, punchy sound. In the middle position the pickups are in single coil mode, making them sound bright and twangy. In the up position the pickups are in humcancelling parallel mode and they sound bright and sweet, with a slightly lower output than series mode. When both pickups are in single coil mode they are hum cancelling when the blend pot is centred.

Lightweight instruments with a huge array of old school and modern tones, easy string changing, massive sustain, in tune where ever you play, comfortable and super fast neck.

That is a lot of tonal flexibility! Michael has given you a massive pallet of sonic colours. So get yourself a MTD Kingston Super and start painting!

Features;
•35" scale 5-string
•24 medium jumbo frets
•Zero fret 1-3/4" wide, 5-string
•One-piece neck with satin polyester finish
•Carved Ash body with figured maple top
•MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm
•Double-action truss rod
•Laurel fingerboard
•Five controls: volume, blend, plus 3 band EQ, 2 x single/dual coil switches
•MTD MM pickups
•Shielded electronics compartment