Why become a member? ×

***Now sold*** Sadowsky Metro 5, Sunburst - Covid-19 price drop - now £1450
£2000
Streatham Hill, South London

topgun

***This is now been sold. Thank you for your interest.***

Hello everyone,

I have given up on the dream. Middle age has won and I'm selling (nearly) all my gear, including this fantastic instrument. I bought it second-hand, and since then it has never been gigged, just used for fun and recording at home, and always put back in the case (included) at the end of the day. Sounds and plays great, as you would expect from these. It's in a very good cosmetic shape (see pics). 

Not much to say, really, other than it should go to someone who intends to use it more than me.

I'm not interested in any trades, sorry. I need to get rid of stuff, not just replace one thing with another. I think I've priced this fairly, so hopefully that helps you make up your mind.

It's 4.3kg on my bathroom scales.

Local pickup preferred but I'm sure we can agree something if you need it delivered.

Happy to answer any questions.

For virus-related reasons, I need to shift this quickly now. Price dropped to £1450.

Thanks

(Ps. I'm also selling an Xotic XP4 - look for that posting as well, if you're interested.)

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2639.jpg

DSCF2640.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

DSCF2643.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

Edited by topgun
Sold
  • Like 2

Incidentally this used to be mine! I purchased it new from Sadowsky in Dec 2009. Brilliant instrument, I moved it on in 2015 (to you? I don’t remember) when I switched to 4 strings. I’m now back on 5s, but don’t have the funds to buy this back.

Good luck with the sale.

13 minutes ago, topgun said:

@DylanB Indeed, I bought it off you, so it's had 2 careful owners 🙂 

I'm glad you posted that - I was trying to unearth when I bought it, and I couldn't find a trace (I knew I got it through these forums, but I couldn't find my old login details).

Cheers

I can sort that for you and merge your two accounts together if you like?

EDIT - just done it! So all your old posts are now by this account. Cheers 👍🏼

1 hour ago, topgun said:

@DylanB Indeed, I bought it off you, so it's had 2 careful owners 🙂 

I'm glad you posted that - I was trying to unearth when I bought it, and I couldn't find a trace (I knew I got it through these forums, but I couldn't find my old login details).

Cheers

Ah fantastic! Yes always good to know the provenance of an instrument. I never had any issues with it, only great memories.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m pretty sure the body is Alder.

Not sure about the fretboard. If not rosewood I believe Sadowsky have used both morado and pau ferro on the metro basses.

Unfortunately the listing on the Sadowsky site will be long gone, shame as that would have been the definitive source.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DylanB said:

I’m pretty sure the body is Alder.

Not sure about the fretboard. If not rosewood I believe Sadowsky have used both morado and pau ferro on the metro basses.

Unfortunately the listing on the Sadowsky site will be long gone, shame as that would have been the definitive source.

Morado is another name for pau ferro. They are same wood.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic