Why become a member? ×

Lesson learned, always take a backup bass

Lozz196

10 hours ago, Hobbayne said:

I always take a second bass to a gig but never a spare amp. I guess one day my lucks gonna run out, but theres only so much you can get in the boot of a Skoda Fabia. 😧

Same here. I can just get all my gear into my 1 Series, with the seats down, but it’s tight. If my amp failed at a gig I’d have to go through the PA I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Great, now I'm more confused than ever.

So on means off at the Hofner plant?

Blue

Lol , sorry, to make things clearer.

Both the bass and treble switches in the off position allows you to blend both pickups to your tastes (just like on a jazz bass or any other passive bass) for me this is the setting I use 99.9% of the time

If you put the bass slider in the On position you will only get the output of the neck pickup but with a treble cut so basically as if you have only the neck pickup volume turned up but with the tone rolled off, this is the most popular setting and if you favour a dark thumpy tone you will probably really like this setting

The treble slider you will never need to use in the On position because it sounds like poo

Hofner did change the control panel to a more logical one a while ago but people complained for some reason so they switched it back

Hope this makes things clearer

Edited by markdavid