Why become a member? ×

Dual Guitar Stand For Spector / Warwick Body Basses

WHUFC BASS

Can anybody recommend me a decent dual guitar stand for Spector / Warwick curved body style basses please? I've got one of the standard dual guitar stands and twice the bloody thing has fallen over, resulting in a chunk being taken out of the fingerboard of one of my basses. The stand in question is one of these:

s-l300.jpg

They're cheap and there's a reason because they're flimsy and unstable with two basses on them. Not impressed at all.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

Yes, the double Hercules is ideal for odd-shaped basses because there are no arms underneath the body, it's supported from the headstock and a strut that goes up against the guitar back. I use mine with a BBNE2 which is a similar body shape to Spector, and various Bass Collections.Not great for headless though.

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

That's no use to you, mate. Trust me on this. The second your guitarist sees that, he'll start nicking one side to hang his guitar. Don't ask me how I know.

I now use a triple Hercules, even though I only ever take two basses to a gig ...

Au contraire Rodney ... the reason I know they won't is because the guitarist in the band also has a dual Hercules stand.

• Haha 1

Well I bought @FinnDave 's Hercules stand and I have to say, it's superb. Exactly what I'm looking for. I recommend one of these for anyone with more than one gigging bass and AVOID them cheap stands you can pick up for peanuts. You really do get what you pay for with a Hercules stand - the design on these really is ingenious.

• Thanks 1