Why become a member? ×

Anyone tilt the top cab in a stack for monitoring purposes? And how?

DylanB

I think generally you'll have to compromise - one piece of equipment can't be at two different volumes at the same time.  Either it will be too loud on stage, or too quiet out front. That's why, if possible, it's better to have two independent systems (monitoring + FOH).

8 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

I think generally you'll have to compromise - one piece of equipment can't be at two different volumes at the same time.  Either it will be too loud on stage, or too quiet out front. That's why, if possible, it's better to have two independent systems (monitoring + FOH).

Yeah, thats what i was getting at. I guess gigging without full PA support is a bit of a comprise anyway.

7 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah, thats what i was getting at. I guess gigging without full PA support is a bit of a comprise anyway.

Yeah that's it. TBH I've kind of gone off the idea of a stack with one cab tilted back, for a lot of the reasons posted.

I also I think the real solutions have been posted in the thread; either proper IEMs (or at least a decent wedge), or a cab with better off-axis projection.