Why become a member? ×

SOLD. 2003 Crafted in Japan Fender Jaguar 1966 reissue..
£695
Kelsall

Up for sale is my superb and almost immaculate 2003 Crafted in Japan Fender Jaguar guitar in Olympic white with matching headstock. It’s a fantastic looking, playing and sounding guitar and has had some recent refurbishment to return it to its former glory. 

It has a very Johnny Marr Jaguar look about it with the twin single coils and white pick guard. It has the traditional threaded bridge saddles with an added buzz stop fitted to existing holes in the tail piece to provide a greater break angle between the bridge and tail which gets rid of the normal bridge buzz without losing the Jaguar jangle. The tremolo fits snugly so doesn’t flap about either! It’s got the original pickups and pots and is a high quality guitar - as all Japanese Fenders are.

The wiring is standard on it so it has rhythm / lead switch and volume / tone wheels for the rhythm circuit on the upper control plate. The lead switch enables the lower switches to be deployed which are front pickup on / off, bridge pickup on / off and mid cut. That just leaves the master volume and tone which are again for the lead circuit. All in all lots of tonal options and of course options to rewire it given the different way in which US Jaguars and the Johnny Marr signature are wired.

The guitar has just been professionally refurbished with a strip back to the wood, grain fill, nitrocellulose prime and nitrocellulose Olympic white refinish including headstock face being painted to match. The decal was custom-made by guitardecals.co.uk and no decal lines are visible in the lacquer. The body really is immaculate, paint is glass smooth and it’s an outstanding guitar now. It’s also had a fret level, crown and polish, fretboard lemon oil treatment, relief set, action and intonation set so it now plays and sounds fantastic. The buzz stop keeps it in tune too as it stops the floating bridge from rocking.

Being nearly 20 years old it has got some minor dings on the back of the neck but they’re barely noticeable when playing. There are also some minor rust spots on the tail piece, bridge and tremolo arm but very minor surface spots.

It comes with a good solid vintage hard case which is in pretty good nick.

Finally it can be delivered by insured courier or I can meet up within 50 miles of Chester. I could deliver it within 50 miles or it can be viewed / tried in Kelsall.

I would prefer a straight sale but would consider a trade for any Fender with 4 strings or maybe even any 4 stringer really - depends what’s out there.....

Thanks for looking.

Edited by vinorange
Sold
  • Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic