Why become a member? ×

On stage nudity

darkandrew

4 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Probably scraping the barrel here, but Sticky Vicky anyone?    :ph34r:

I'm not particularly familiar with Ms Vicky's work, I'll be back after a quick Google ...

:o

Ok, apparently "her 30-minute act began with bunting and flowers being extracted from her nether regions, then ping pong balls, sausages and eggs before a finale of a string of razor blades, a bottle and a glowing light bulb." Makes dear old Iggy sound like an amateur!

Edited by darkandrew

16 hours ago, darkandrew said:

I'm not particularly familiar with Ms Vicky's work, I'll be back after a quick Google ...

Ok, apparently "her 30-minute act began with bunting and flowers being extracted from her nether regions, then ping pong balls, sausages and eggs before a finale of a string of razor blades, a bottle and a glowing light bulb." Makes dear old Iggy sound like an amateur!

Just another routine night down the Legion then lol.

17 hours ago, darkandrew said:

Ok, apparently "her 30-minute act began with bunting and flowers being extracted from her nether regions, then ping pong balls, sausages and eggs before a finale of a string of razor blades, a bottle and a glowing light bulb."

Sounds like a hard (core) day at the orifice. 

I recall Mr Perry Farrell, he of Jane's Addiction, getting his lad out at the Astoria in London around the time of their 2nd album. It wasn't an impressive weapon, leaving one wondering who exactly he thought would be impressed.

I had a drummer once - about 1992 - who was fond of showing everyone his bottom, particularly in venues that needed a bit of encouragement. British Legions and the like, you understand. This in the days when drummers were the sort of chaps who thought this kind of behaviour was actually quite polite, whilst having no idea what a paradiddle was.

Someone even thought to capture such a moment on camera ...

mo.jpg

12 hours ago, casapete said:

Seem to remember seeing John Dummer's band (ex Darts) at a local pub in the early 80's where the whole band came on naked for the encore. Mind you, I was very very drunk......

Was that True Life Confessions? I seem to recall seeing them around that time, and the singer stripped off during the show.

7 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

Was that True Life Confessions? I seem to recall seeing them around that time, and the singer stripped off during the show.

Could have been, unfortunately my memory of the details is rather hazy although I recall there was a young lady in the band. 🙂

On 14/09/2019 at 19:40, Leonard Smalls said:

I've seen the Chilli Peppers during their only a sock phase...

I've also played a gig in naught but a codpiece fashioned from a heavy duty rubber glove... 

But the band that does much more than take the biscuit is Rockbitch. I've never seen a few thousand bikers, patch club members and Hell's Angels look so scared!

Yes!! I wondered when Rockbitch were going to get a mention. Saw them at Blackwood Miners many years ago. At one point when they were encouraging hecklers, some (male) fool shouted “get your tits out”. He might have been joking I suppose.

On 15/09/2019 at 12:22, Paul S said:

I don't get nudity - full stop.  On stage, on beaches, in the back garden - wherever.  In public I understand there can be an element of exhibitionism.  Sometimes a need to shock.  Which I find rather pathetic.  But around the house or in the garden?  What's the point?  

The point may be, that people being nude on beaches and in their gardens, that they want an all over tan. On stage? Exhibitionism or publicity without doubt. Around the house? Probably just like the feeling of being naked, same as swimming nude, feels great.

First nudity I ever saw on stage was way back in the very early 70's when we supported Black widow. They used to  sacrifice a naked girl on stage in Come to the sabbath I  think. It's  been going on for 50 years. I certainly don't have a problem with it.😆

On 14/09/2019 at 18:58, Ricky 4000 said:

Yes she definitely did. :ph34r:

Do costume malfunctions count?

https://youtu.be/XefvjB5s_ZY

I've played The Shed in Leicester. Neither of the ladies in our band got their bits out. Must be an East Midlands thing...here are the bare-ish SoapGirls at The Maze in Nottingham (which we've also played)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricksterphil said:

I've played The Shed in Leicester. Neither of the ladies in our band got their bits out. Must be an East Midlands thing...here are the bare-ish SoapGirls at The Maze in Nottingham (which we've also played)

Ah, so it wasn't a one-off then... even the poor drummer has his shirt off, which is demeaning to men if you ask me... 😬

• Haha 1