Why become a member? ×

Sold - Mike Lull 5-string
£1600
Denmark

Thomas P

Hi Basschatters

Up for sale is my main instrument from the last 10 years, and only reluctant sale given the "One in - One out" principle
as I'm concentrating on fretless in the future.

This is one of Mike Lull's earlier creations with a sn. of 479. I guess it's around 20 years old, and brought to Denmark from Ney York
by a professional danish bass player, of whom I previously bought another of these basses.
For those familiar with these basses, the age can also be detected by a slightly larger head than the current models.

We all love our instruments but this one is simply the best of the three M5V I have had over the years, hence the one that stayed the longst.
A "pick up and play" instrument commented by all those who have admired, and wanted to try it in the time I have had it.

Spec:
Beautiful and rare Burgundy Mist finish with very minimal scrathes and marks. None on the front
Alder body is my best guess, irrespectively that there is a bit of Ash bark/growl in the sound when recorded.
Graphite reinforced Maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Frets recently polished and no signs of wear
35" scale 21 fret neck  with 12" fretboard radius. String spacing neck saddle 9,5 mm and 19 mm at bridge which can be adjusted (sideways) if preferred.
Weight around 4.3. kg
Mike's special wounded Seymour Duncan PU's and 3 band Aguilar pre-amp with passive by pull of volume, and 2 mid frequencies (400/800) No passive 
tone pot.
THE SPECIAL FEATURE: Instead of balance it's fitted with a rotary swith given you:
Front PU alone - like an old Fender Telecaster bass with the single coil PU.
Both in parallel - Everything you want with a Jazz Sound.
Rear PU alone - Pure Jaco
Both in series - Powerful almost Musicman type of sound

This is as close to a classic vibe modern build "Working man's do all instrument" as you can get, hence why it's been my go to bass for 10 years.

And as you can see from the last photo, a small guy like me, 1,82m & 75kg don't have any issues playing a 35" scale bass (Photo from our rehearsal room and not a prison cell :0))

Price including shipping to main Europe and a Mike Lull gigbag. (Will be professional packed for damage free shipping)

20/09/2019: Taste is a subjective matter, but as the yanks are sayin' "Tort goes with everything". Like the tough decision every man faces, blond or brunette? You'd be the judge on that one (spare high quality three layer pickguard from Chandler in the US for one of my previous M5V's - will be part of the package free of charge)

Kind Regards
Thomas

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

21761967_10156821430368508_1851661938381355190_n.jpg