Why become a member? ×

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2020 at 22:06, BruceBass3901 said:

Must remember to come back to this thread! I'm in a ska and 2Tone covers band and always need new ideas for riffs and fills.

Would performances be welcomed here as well?

That band sounds like fun and yeah of course be great to see some performances. 

I’ve got another Ska video lesson you might be interested in too if you are making up your own bass lines. 

https://youtu.be/NVp-oc4ajIc

4 hours ago, greghagger said:

That band sounds like fun and yeah of course be great to see some performances. 

I’ve got another Ska video lesson you might be interested in too if you are making up your own bass lines. 

https://youtu.be/NVp-oc4ajIc

I will definitely check that out Greg, thanks! Every day should be a learning day (not just my opinion as a lecturer at a University 😅)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

Well here is my band's take on It Must Be Love by Madness (we even got retweeted by Madness!) that we have recorded during isolation. My only guide track was the drums, hence the look of total concentration!

I love this, especially the sentiment surrounding the video. Great song and love your singer’s style. 

Brilliant you got a retweet from Madness. 

Check this out folks, it’s great!

12 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I will definitely check that out Greg, thanks! Every day should be a learning day (not just my opinion as a lecturer at a University 😅)

I agree with that. 

Which subject do you lecture in? 

1 minute ago, greghagger said:

I love this, especially the sentiment surrounding the video. Great song and love your singer’s style. 

Brilliant you got a retweet from Madness. 

Check this out folks, it’s great!

Thanks a lot Greg. Yeah, our singer is a proper showman. He has props and everything at gigs!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greghagger said:

I agree with that. 

Which subject do you lecture in? 

Design and Engineering. I only started at my current place of work a couple of months or so before all this craziness kicked off, but I was teaching the same subject at A Level before.

Now back to Ska!

There is a lot of fist wave love going on here, but are there many fans of second or even third wave ska? Some amazing bass players in this field and some incredibly fun songs that I will have to share if people are interested.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...