Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Pedalboard to end all Pedalboards

BassApprentice

28 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Could it be as simple as 5 options of any toneprint from the database. Could be killer if it is.

I was about to post the same photo... If it is what you wonder, then I agree that it could be absolutely amazing. Especially if the buttons have that mash feature 🤤 Fingers firmly crossed for a spectra, spark, mojo, flashback, HoF... 

• Like 1

You might not see the Spark or Mojomojo as they're analog pedals. They could try to approximate them though, they do have the Spectradrive and Tubetone algorithms after all.

I would have expected to see TC try out standalone digital drive, amp/cab sim and filter pedals at some point before they tried their hand at a multi-fx. Interesting to see what they come up with though!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Wow. 

That is exactly what I think everyone wanted from this pedal. Don't think it will compete with Helix but Boss and Zoom should be worried. 

It's not what I wanted, but it's what I expected given their current lineup!

FX include:

Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb, Flashback 2 Delay, Sub n Up Octaver, Brainwaves Pitch Shifter, Corona Chorus, Hypergravity Compressor, Mimiq Doubler, Vortex Flanger, Pipeline Tap Tremolo, Quintessence Harmony, Sentry Noise Gate, Shaker Vibrato

So no overdrive/distortion/fuzz,  no phaser and no filters.

My board is pretty much filter, drive and phaser, so this would be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

It's not what I wanted, but it's what I expected given their current lineup!

So no overdrive/distortion/fuzz,  no phaser and no filters.

My board is pretty much filter, drive and phaser, so this would be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Whilst maybe they figured lots of people like their own existing ODs etc. so made the option available to stick one in the FX loop, I agree that its shame this isn't quite the single grab solution I hoped it might be (even though I had realised that there most likely wasn't going to be an option for the Spark or the Mojo).

Also, 450 dollars is 350 quid... It is a lovely bit of kit I am sure (Mash on every knob, plus an EXP/Volume In is very cool), but not for me at that price.

I very much doubt it'll be £350 either, most companies have a habit of using a 1:1 exchange ratio for £ and $!

I wish they'd waited until they'd fleshed out their digital FX offerings a bit more to cover the gaps, rather than rush this to market with things missing.

They could make a killer envelope filter with their Toneprint tech if they put their minds to it! And they already have the Spectradrive and Helix Phaser, so why are those effects missing? Hopefully some of this stuff is on the roadmap.

Edited by dannybuoy

• 8 months later...

Price is coming down on these. Seen them new for 330.

I think that's pretty good. 5 individual stomps and a tuner for just over 50 each would be pretty good business, but this offers a lot more. 

I like multi fx I can play like individual pedals. 

I shall be interested to see if they come down any more any time soon. 

• Like 1