Frank Blank

Sire Gen 1 V7 Marcus Miller 5 String Rosewood ***SOLD***
£200
Southend on Sea

***SOLD***

This is a hell of a lot of bass for pennies really...

Bought this bass Two days ago (Tuesday 10th Sept.) from @lcu1988  just to see how I got on with five strings, turns out I don't so back on sale today (Thursday 12th Sept., Shirley this is a Craig David lyric?). I have restrung it with a new set of D'Addario EXL165s E-A-D-G-C (it was originally B-E-A-D-G) so you are getting £23 set of new strings (plus a new high C) and £25 knocked off @lcu1988's original price earlier this week. It has a couple of dings that I've shown in pics. Hurry if you want this bargain because I'm off to Bass Direct on Monday with a couple of BCers and I'm almost certainly going to get a HX Stomp and if this hasn't gone I'll probably trade it in. No case I'm afraid, it didn't come with one, actually I just found a Thomann gigbag under the stairs that doesn't quite fit it but will get it to your gaff. Happy to drive and meet or deliver to you in person, any questions, fire away.

Edited by Frank Blank
Sold
  • Like 1

Matey, are you moving it on because of how it works strung E-C? I only ask because I'm a big E-C fan but have always found that this works really badly on jazz basses. It could need a different set up perhaps to get it working right?

Or you might just want to move it on anyway. Frankly it's non of my business and I should keep out of it.

I'm off to slam my fingers in the door, GLWTS, these look like great basses for the money to me.....

1 minute ago, andybassdoyle said:

Matey, are you moving it on because of how it works strung E-C? I only ask because I'm a big E-C fan but have always found that this works really badly on jazz basses. It could need a different set up perhaps to get it working right?

Or you might just want to move it on anyway. Frankly it's non of my business and I should keep out of it.

I'm off to slam my fingers in the door, GLWTS, these look like great basses for the money to me.....

No Sir, I’m just not getting along with five strings, regardless of the tunings, and pah to none of your business, it’s very interesting info and that’s what the forum is all about so cheers! Had I got on with it in any sense I would have had a set up and persisted but it’s just confirmed I’m a four string fellow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, therealting said:

October? Did you mean September?

I did, will address that now, ta.

Takes more than "a couple of days" to "get on with" 5- strings.   I've been playing my new 5 string incessantly since I got it in July and still struggling ..it's like learning a whole new instrument really.  Hopefully worth it in the end.  Anyway someone's gain by getting a nice sire at a massively bargain price!

Just now, NickA said:

Takes more than "a couple of days" to "get on with" 5- strings.   I've been playing my new 5 string incessantly since I got it in July and still struggling ..it's like learning a whole new instrument really.  Hopefully worth it in the end.  Anyway someone's gain by getting a nice sire at a massively bargain price!

Absolutely, I think, really, I just know I won’t persevere and it’ll end up sitting in the rack doing nothing and I can’t bear that, I’d rather it was being played by someone, and it was my last flirtation with a 34” scale length, strictly short scale for me from now on!

Nice for someone else.

I'm gonna keep on persevering with all 5 strings, all 4.8kg and all 34"..... but I understand your pain.  Picking up a 4-string again is like growing wings!

• Like 1