Why become a member? ×

1971 Fender Jazz Bass SOLD PENDING
£3750
Woking, Surrey

Up for sale is my collector grade 1971 Fender Jazz Bass with its OHSC - apart from one or two very minor dinks, it is in practically unplayed condition.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or to arrange to come and view / play with no obligation.

Cheers, Si

fullsizeoutput_9ddc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9841.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9842.jpeg

_MG_4453.JPG

_MG_4458.JPG

_MG_4465.JPG

_MG_4470.JPG

Edited by 0353203
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, StuartB said:

How are you defining 'collector grade'?

I'm sure that Si will reply more fully but for me, in very simple terms, it's (a) originality of all parts, (b) unmolested condition of those parts, and (c) condition of the finish.  Thus for me, the bass in the question meets the basic criteria 

Edited by three
spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, three said:

I'm sure that Si will reply more fully but for me, in very simple terms, it's (a) originality of all parts, (b) unmolested condition of those parts, and (c) condition of the finish.  Thus for me, the bass in the question meets the basic criteria 

Many thanks, three - that is basically it.

A guitar / bass collector will be interested in the degree of originality and wear of the instrument based on its age and / or rarity.  

A very rare instrument can still be collector grade even though it has some play wear and a couple of changes (although not, perhaps, if the changes are irreversible).  

As the Jazz is from 1971, and therefore at the very edge of 'vintage', I would expect 100% originality (ie. parts intact as though it had just left the factory) and practically no wear to speak of (e.g EXF and above).

Leaving aside the nomenclature, this is an exceptional example. 

• 2 weeks later...