Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man Stingray 30th anniversary 2006 with original tolex case (only 783 made) // partial trades and reasonable cashoffers considered!!
£1395
Netherlands

SurroundedByManatees

Music Man Stingray 30th Anniversary 

Up for sale is a great Stingray. It's a 30th anniversary model from 2006. Apparently these are scarce, as only 783 were produced. 

8kNH4rf.jpg

The body is made of mahogany, which is unusual for a Music Man. The neck is made of a high grade figured maple. Stunning! The body and neck are completely finished in a transparent crimson red. 

Picture time:

oEVlkYS.jpg

C7QEx1s.jpg

Xv7l84B.jpg

WfOAbK8.jpg

KQdr0ML.jpg

8qFYJ0d.jpg

UFSlxz4.jpg

BPDmBLk.jpg

WkR5Rpf.jpg

k94iCFQ.jpg

LBnRAQn.jpg

IeQ67tk.jpg

FwHT47l.jpg

dJmPgFr.jpg

79OyiQS.jpg

Its a great, open sounding Ray. I've had a few and played a bunch, and this is definitely one of the best sounding I've encountered. It even sounds great with dead strings! 

The Ray is in good shape. It has its user marks, but nothing serious. It's mostly surface scratching and a dent at the bottom. 

The original tolex hardcase is included. 

The bass is now fitted with fresh DR fat beams. 

I've had this listed earlier, but withdrawn it due to doubts as it is a great bass. I haven't played it since withdrawing it, so I made up my mind and decided to let it go for real now. I still have a Sabre for the MM sound, so I'm happy :)

Asking €1.550 (which is around £1395 nowadays) 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped fully insured within europe/UK. 

Reasonable cash offers and (partial) trades are welcome; fretless blade jazz, bunch of effects pedals per example. I am not looking for 1-1 trades. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 3

I own one of the other 782! Everything you would expect from a Stingray + more sustain and richer mids from the mahogany body. Described by Sterling  Ball as best sounding Stingray they have made. I understand why every time I play it. Awesome bass with stunning crimson finish. 

• Like 2