Why become a member? ×

SOLD! John Entwistle Fenderbird copy
£699
Hull

bassgurumonster

Hello.

For sale, John Entwistle Fenderbird copy. Spec below:

Mine was built by Neil Shoemark of NS Custom Guitars in Baltonsborough Somerset. (Now retired) c2008/9 The finish is suposed to look like John Entwistles Peter Cook Explorerbird as it is now, Fiesta red faded to salmon pink. The body is made of mahogany and it's template was cut from John's Peter Cook original. 60s and 70s Thunderbird pickups were very hard to find then as we were still getting used to trading with our brothers across the pond. I tracked down a pair of Gibson TB Pus ceramic pickups that are essentially Gibson Thunderbird pickups and were indeed fitted to the Epiphone Elite Thunderbird as standard. They were also used on Gibson's Les Paul bass. The bridge is a Gotoh roller bridge and tailpiece. Very effective - intonates well and coupled with the custom gold machineheads keep the instrument in tune well. The electronics are 500k cts pots with vintage wires, a Switchcraft jack and an orange drop cap. The neck looks like a Fender and was bought as such from eBay in the States - several techs have since thought it to be Allparts pre official Fender licensing was granted. Gibson vintage top hat knobs and Schaller strap locks complete the tech run down. it  balances well when strapped on and is a dream to play. Slight lacquer mark on pocket, fully checked, repaired,  but no problems. It comes with a brand new Thomann gig bag. 

Postage extra. Cheers

IMG_20190430_134816_015.jpg

IMG_20190430_134919_218.jpg

1978_studio_explorerbird.jpg

Edited by gary mac
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Aero71 said:

Looks awesome. 

Do you have a picture of the front and back of the headstock. And do you know the weight?

Thanks.

Hi. I'm back home tomorrow, so il post headstock pics then. Weight wise, its approx the same as my Aria SB1000 if that helps? No scales.

Edited by bassgurumonster

• 2 weeks later...