Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced Super Twin

pbasspecial

Yep, I was being a little thick :)

Haven't had the chance to use it in anger yet but not coloured at all.  Very clear.  Whatever you put in, you'll get out. If you're after bassy (your user name!) I reckon 2 compacts would be perfect and work out a little bit cheaper than 1 super twin.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Muzz said:

If you're feeling especially epic (and your amp'll go below 2 ohms), you'll find the ST stacks onto the Compact rather pleasingly... 😃

Unfortunately the Compacts not mine but I should bear the 2 ohm thing in mind when getting another amp but to be fair I can't imagine I'm ever going to use an ST and a compact or 2 STs. However, would be fun to try!!!

Just spotted a typo I can't correct properly - I meant 'under 4 ohms' rather than 'under 2 ohms'. A ST and a Compact is 2.667 Ohms, so there's a few amps'll do this (a lot of the newer Class D 8/900w modules will) and my Walkabout is fine with it.

Yep, it's complete overkill, but a proper bass stack that weighs less than a single 410? Falls into Just Because I Can territory... 🙂

Sadly, the SC doesn't stack properly onto the ST*, otherwise I'd have a SC instead of the Compact... 😕

* Yes, I know: I'm OCD and as shallow as a puddle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have an ST and an SC and have considered using them together - with a separate amp for each, but either is more than enough for the gigs I play, so it seems a waste to carry so much gear around. If I ever become sensible, I'll probably sell the ST. It is the first one they made, and I've owned it since new, so it will be hard for me to let it go.

• Like 1

Just now, FinnDave said:

I have an ST and an SC and have considered using them together - with a separate amp for each, but either is more than enough for the gigs I play, so it seems a waste to carry so much gear around. If I ever become sensible, I'll probably sell the ST. It is the first one they made, and I've owned it since new, so it will be hard for me to let it go.

Dont

Just now, Cuzzie said:

Dont

If it sits here for more than a year unused, it will have to go. I last used it at our Hebden Bridge gig, late May. Couldn't take to Germany the following week, loaded it into the car for our SoL slot in Kent early August, but my car broke down and had to use my wife's which was too small for me, bass and the ST, so borrowed a combo when I got there. It all goes through the PA anyway, so makes little difference really. I used the SC at our recent west country gigs, and will be using it in Cockfosters on Saturday (my car is broken again!).

5 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Just bought this lovely Super Twin today from another BC'er also called Paul. Great guy, met half way in a harvester car park! 

Got it home and plugged it in. Superb! A/B'd it against the SC and compact individually and together. Sounds even better. Happy Bunny!

image.jpeg

Awesome Paul! Forgot how small the ST is  - it’s not that much more than the SC is it! Cracking rigs even if the Compact isn’t actually yours :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzz said:

If I was being very, very sensible, I'd sell the ST and the Compact and buy a pair of SCs, but since when has sensible counted for all that much? 🙂

I had 2 SCs before.  They sounded great but I didn't like stacking them vertically as I found them a little unstable.  Personally I think the ST looks great, not much larger than the SC and makes roughly the same sound as 2 SCs. Also a ST is a lot cheaper than buying 2 SCs!

• Like 1

I got my Super Twin last week through here and I think it sounds amazing, I need to wind a little bass back into to my sound I think! 

It's the silver cloth version, and with the black ports down the side it looks like the amp is hovering on one side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...